Highlighted
2 Bronze

Aurora R7, Windows 10 activate problem

Jump to solution

Hello! I have a problem, I bought aurora R7 alienware desktop, at the first launch the system asked me for the language and location, I chose English and the location of Poland. All stages were successful but after completing the "installation" on the desktop there was information that the system is inactive (error code: 0xC004C003). I wrote for support in this matter, but I received the reply that I have to activate the code by phone. My English is not good and I do not want to call anywhere, I just want to normally activate windows 10 ... How is it possible that the equipment for such a large amount has no activated system? Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Windows 10 activate problem

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaro341@Goldir,

Microsoft is having some activation issues on the new systems. As @Jaro341 said, this can be fix by running the troubleshooter.

Open Windows Settings > Update and Security > Activation > Troubleshoot: the Windows troubleshooter should successfully activated the Operating System.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Jump to solution

That error can mean servers are busy. Try again later. In your case it could be a conflict with where you bought the computer and where you are activating it. Was it purchased new in a different country? Did you enter any product  key? Entering a key is not necessary when activating the first time. Do the setup again and skip entering a key in the beginning and it should activate when you connect to the Internet. There is no personal key on a new computer, just a generic one. Entering the generic key will also give you that error. Your personal key will be assigned after activation. If all else fails, you must call the activation number to get this fixed. Your English is excellent.

Highlighted
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

Error 0xC004C003 is a windows activation error that comes up when you try and activate your windows 10 from a clean install. This is not a Dell issue. There is nobody here who can or will issue you a new KEY.

Error Code: 0xC004C003 means the activation server determined the specified product key is in use. Which will have a dialog box that says:

The activation server determined that the specified product key has been blocked" Error 0xC004C003

If you have a genuine WINDOWS 10 SLP key in bios this should not be an issue.

Machines that try to re re re re use MAK keys will have this issue.

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-install-errors-windows-10

Why can't I activate Windows 10?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you for your answer. in which case, what do I have to do to activate the system? to buy a new win10 key?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

You will have to buy a new HOME or PRO key from microsoft or an oem system builder copy with the new coa sticker format.  That gets you a permanent DVD copy and a coa key.  These system builder Discs are in a white envelope.  Pro DVD's are purple and Home DVD's are Blue. However either disk works on either you just have to select the correct version when it asks for a key.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Pro-System-Builder/dp/B00ZSHDJ4O

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Software-Windows-System-Builder/dp/B00ZSI7Y3U

Windows_10_COA.jpg

oem windowsoem windows

here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

when I buy a box with a DVD and activation code, I will have to re-load the system, or is it enough to give the activation code itself in the settings?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

When you buy the System Builder Media with COA Key you will not have to reinstall UNLESS you chose the wrong version of windows.

Home keys do not work for Pro

Pro Keys do not work for Home.

While Online you run administrative command prompt and type in  SLUI  3

it will then accept the new key.

here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

This error may normally come from a clean install, but I just received my Alienware Aurora R7 Desktop on 6 August 2018, and mine has the exact same error code as well. Svc Tag <Service Tag removed>.

I don't need a new key, and I doubt the OP does.  I DO, however, need the OEM key on the system to activate, as an unactivated Win10 OS has reduced functionality.

I figured I would check with the Dell community forums to see if there is a solution before I make a tech support call with the inevitable language barrier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

Your R7 was not purchased yesterday.  You also have onsite Service after Diagnosis.

Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis (Consumer Customer)/ Next Business Day Onsite After Remote Diagnosis (Commercial Customer)August 02, 2018August 07, 2019 

You do need to go online to activate.  There are no more permanent activation's so this must be done every 180 days.

210-ANMO : Aurora R7 Base
450-AAGO : US Power Cord
658-BCUO : Additional Software
570-AACL : Alienware USB Optical Mouse
321-BDHR : 460W APFC PSU Air Cooled Chass is
817-BBBC : Not selected in this configura tion
619-AHCQ : Windows 10 Home (64bit) Englis h
490-BECU : NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1050T i with 4GB GDDR5
340-ACQQ : No Option Included
370-ADUC : 8GB (1X8GB) DDR4, 2666MHz
340-AGIK : Safety/Environment and Regulat ory Guide (English/French Multi-language)
800-BBEV : Thank you for Choosing Dell
389-CGBB : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 Processor Label
817-BBBP : None Required
340-BYWQ : Shipping Material
389-CGML : Regulatory Label
555-BDBY : 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1x1
817-BBBB : No FGA
658-BCSC : Microsoft Office 30 Day Trial
340-BYWO : Aurora R7 Placemat
400-AMXY : 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
332-1530 : Dell.com Order
580-AAOJ : Alienware Standard USB 2.0 Key board (English)
555-BDVS : DW1820 Wireless Driver
338-BNMZ : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 (6-C ore, 9MB Cache, up to 4GHz wit h Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology)

here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

You are absolutely correct. It was not purchased yesterday. It was delivered yesterday. Because the system was manufactured in Mexico and shipped to my place in Nebraska.

During initial setup, I connected the system to the internet via ethernet, and all other internet functionality works, so it is a real conundrum.

I read on another forum that sometimes this particular error will clear up on its own 48-72 hours after initial setup, so I will wait until Friday morning and if it has not resolved itself by that point I will call in for support.

Thank you for trying to help though, it is appreciated.

0 Kudos