JTRFLASH
1 Copper

Re: Aurora-R7, compatible DDR4 memory

Jump to solution
I used the scan function on the crucial site.. I ordered, 2-8GB DDR4-2666 UDIMM 1.2V CL19. Installed and working great. If unsure you can also use an app called "RAMmon" to identify your installed RAM. Jim
0 Kudos
steviejones133
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have PM’d two Dell staff now to ask for comments on the different voltages for the same part number (DellChrisM and Alienware-Eimy) yet neither has replied.....getting a bit fed up of Dell’s OEM version of HyperX memory......

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This can happen due to different reasons: the part number is the same, however the sticks are different, because we handle a stock of similar parts and similar specs. 

Either way, there's no problem with the voltages being different. There's nothing to worry about. The system's performance will not be affected by that.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
steviejones133
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Sorry, same part number should mean same spec, not different. Odd how I’ve just had the same word for word response from @dellcares 

0 Kudos
steviejones133
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

What is I with Dell and memory? - can’t you guys match a pair of DIMM’s without making a big deal of it? - I’ve had more help and support from Kingston over this entire debacle. As for how dell have handled things, well, let’s just say that disgracefully is putting it mildly.

i would strongly advise anyone thinking of buying dell HyperX to avoid it like the plague....lesson learned here, don’t trust dell to play nice, trust them to lie and wiggle their way out of ANY kind of responsibility and certainly do not count on buying a part number to actually be matching......

0 Kudos
Teddy Oyaji
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@steviejones133 さんは書きました:

I’ve had more help and support from Kingston over this entire debacle. 

I am also in trouble in the same way.

What advice did you get from kingstone?

Can not be mixed with HX429C17FB/16?

0 Kudos
steviejones133
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Kingston asked me to send cpuz of memory/spd tabs to compare OEM spec. With what they sell retail....none of their retail modules can be paired with the “wonderful” Dell OEM memory, according to their technical support department.

The advice they gave me, if I wanted to upgrade on the 16gb single OEM module, was to ditch it!! - simple as that. Who in their right mind is going to pay (I’m in the UK) around £360 per 16gb module to upgrade from Dell - as that is the ONLY place you can buy it, unless you fluke it and find someone who sells OEM memory from their machine.

I really don’t know how Dell can charge so much....I mean I can get 64gb kit from Kingston for not much more than 16gb costs from Dell. Talk about OEM price markup.

0 Kudos
Teddy Oyaji
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you.

In Japan DELL, it was 51,950 JPY.
The HX429C17FB / 16 is 21,772 JPY.
I'm going to the Amazon.

0 Kudos
Teddy Oyaji
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Is there really no problem?

One will reach 2933Mhz at 1.35V and the other will reach 2933Mhz at 1.2V.

What can be set to different voltages for each one memory?

0 Kudos
Teddy Oyaji
1 Copper

Jump to solution

XRMWRN
-HYA is Hynix (Hyundai).

What vendor is -MIE?

If there is a difference between memory modules, the compatibility is bad, isn't it?

0 Kudos