Troy_mA
1 Copper

Aurora R7, freezes for several seconds

Hi all,

My Aurora R7 has been working well for almost 1 year, but recently it randomly stuck not only when playing games, but also when browsing websites. The screen just freezes, I can't move the mouse or anything, and the sound still plays but in a noisy way. This usually lasts for a few seconds then everything goes back to normal automatically. I've updated to the latest graphic driver, but this problem still persists. Here are my specs:

Windows 10 Home
16GB RAM
i7-8700K CPU
RTX 2080 GPU

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
22GREEN
2 Iron

Re: Aurora R7, freezes for several seconds

Seems a common issue with some R7's including mine a year ago. Mine was related to NVIDIA and the famous 117 error. Also theres a thread going on right now from yesterday with what seems like a similar issue.

What to do is check Reliability History (Start search and start typing Reliability) and it will list the error(s) and then click technical details (something to that effect) and you can post back the error.

0 Kudos

Hello Troy, we haven't heard from you in a while. Were you able to test out the method we suggested? 

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical SupportAlienware Arena
#Iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check outAlienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
amstel78
3 Argentium

My R7 random freezing most likely had to do with Intel's RST drivers. It disappearsd when I reinstalled Windows using AHCI instead of RAID. 

The fact that your computer was running fine for about a year then suddenly started freezing likely indicates something software related due to a Windows driver update. The unlikely but entirely possible, is some hardware component is dying. No one can tell for sure unless you spend the time isolating issues and testing methodically. 

0 Kudos
22GREEN
2 Iron

Troy check Reliability History your issue is exactly what I experienced. Going here will tell you the issue.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos