Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

November 15th, 2018 14:00

Aurora-R7, is it liquid cooled?

I see threads on people wanting to change cooling and ordering liquid cooling and finding out it didn't come that way. I bought mine in March and was able to custom build and know I selected liquid cooling with the 850 PSU. (Alienware™ High Performance Liquid Cooling) My spec sheet below. Anyway to check the PC w/o opening the case to confirm its liquid cooled?? Thx

Premium Support, 1 Year Premium Support with Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis, 1 Year Alienware USB Optical Mouse Alienware Standard USB 2.0 Keyboard (English) Dell Limited Hardware Warranty Initial Year Dell.com Order US Power Cord None Required Microsoft Office 30 Day Trial No FGA No Option Included Additional Software Inte(R)l Core(TM) i7 Processor Label Shipping Material Aurora R7 Placemat Safety/Environment and Regulatory Guide (English/French Multi-language) Regulatory Label CMS Essentials DVD no Media Thank you for Choosing Dell DW1820 Wireless Driver Dell Wireless Card (802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1x1) Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD) 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) 512GB M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive 16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2666MHz (2X8GB) NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X 850W EPA Bronze PSU Liquid Cooled Chassis Windows 10 Home (64bit) English OC Controls Intel(R) Core(TM) i7K 8700K (6-Core/12-Thread, 12MB Cache, up to 4.7GHz with Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology)

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

November 15th, 2018 14:00

AWCC lists "CPU Pump" right from turning the PC on does that mean water cooled? I probably should assume so but wanted to dbl. chk

November 15th, 2018 15:00

Yes cpu pump = liquid cooled

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

November 16th, 2018 05:00

@PentatonicSteel wrote:

Yes cpu pump = liquid cooled

Thx meng! 

November 16th, 2018 15:00

No worries.

175 Posts

November 17th, 2018 09:00

Remove the panel and look inside, there should be two hoses coming out of the pump that sits on top of the cpu, else you see a fan on top of a finned heatsink. 

35 Posts

February 8th, 2019 11:00

I selected Liquid Cooling when I bought it but I have a feeling it didn't come with it.

I opened up the computer and I didn't see the thing with the Alien head?

How can I make sure it has it?  That's why I'm trying to find out where it would say "CPU Pump"

35 Posts

February 8th, 2019 11:00

May I please ask, where exact do I have to go in the command center to see where it would say "CPU Pump"?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help

402 Posts

February 8th, 2019 12:00

@Jamemamone wrote:

I selected Liquid Cooling when I bought it but I have a feeling it didn't come with it.

I opened up the computer and I didn't see the thing with the Alien head?

How can I make sure it has it?  That's why I'm trying to find out where it would say "CPU Pump"

Once you have the side panel off and swing the PSU out of the way, it's very easy to tell.  If you have a block with an alien head logo and two rubber tubes coming out of it, then you've got a water cooled CPU.  If you have something like a heatsink with fan on top, then it's an air cooled processor.

You can also use a flashlight and look through the grills on top of the computer.  If you see a radiator through the slats, then you've got an AIO closed looped cooler installed.

35 Posts

February 8th, 2019 13:00

Thank you for such a fast reply, I really appreciate it.

I'm not sure what the CPU looks like and I don't want to start moving things around. I will be posting a picture soon , maybe you can tell me what to move?

175 Posts

February 9th, 2019 07:00

There power supply is fitted in a hinged metal cage - there are two tabs that lock it in place - there are little padlocks with arrows that show which way the tabs are to be moved to lock/unlock.

Download the manual if in doubt.  The cage will swing out of the ways -see video below.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dell+aurora+r7+power+cage+&&view=detail&mid=4C31B37D972EBC88D29E4C31B37D972EBC88D29E&&FORM=VRDGAR

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

February 9th, 2019 13:00

I do see a radiator through the top of PC What is a AIO closed looped cooler? assume its the water cooled option I selected with the PC. I haven't opened the case but AWCC says CPU pump running.

35 Posts

February 10th, 2019 10:00

Can you please tell me where in the AWCC it would say "CPU Pump Running"?

I don't see it anywhere, so still not sure if my computer has one, or if I'm just not seeing it in AWCC

Thanks for your time and help

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

February 10th, 2019 13:00

ok cool thats for that info. :Yes:

402 Posts

@Jamemamone wrote:

Can you please tell me where in the AWCC it would say "CPU Pump Running"?

I don't see it anywhere, so still not sure if my computer has one, or if I'm just not seeing it in AWCC

Thanks for your time and help

This is what it should look like.  You may need to install bios version 1.0.17 if you have a liquid cooled CPU and all you see is CPU fan running at 100%. 

Capture.JPG

402 Posts

@22GREEN wrote:
I do see a radiator through the top of PC What is a AIO closed looped cooler? assume its the water cooled option I selected with the PC. I haven't opened the case but AWCC says CPU pump running.

AIO stands for 'All in one'.  It just means that it's a closed loop (you can't refill it as there's no separate reservoir) system that includes a radiator and an Asetak-type cooling block with a pump built in.  In our case, it also includes a fan.  Some 3rd party AIO's can be purchased with or without fans.  All will need a fan however.

No Events found!