mp_108
2 Iron

Re: I have Aurora R7 how does one tell if its liquid cooled?

There power supply is fitted in a hinged metal cage - there are two tabs that lock it in place - there are little padlocks with arrows that show which way the tabs are to be moved to lock/unlock.

Download the manual if in doubt.  The cage will swing out of the ways -see video below.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dell+aurora+r7+power+cage+&&view=detail&mid=4C31B37D972EBC88D29...

Tags (1)
22GREEN
2 Iron

I do see a radiator through the top of PC What is a AIO closed looped cooler? assume its the water cooled option I selected with the PC. I haven't opened the case but AWCC says CPU pump running.
0 Kudos
Jamemamone
1 Nickel

Can you please tell me where in the AWCC it would say "CPU Pump Running"?

I don't see it anywhere, so still not sure if my computer has one, or if I'm just not seeing it in AWCC

Thanks for your time and help

0 Kudos
amstel78
2 Iron

@Jamemamone wrote:

Can you please tell me where in the AWCC it would say "CPU Pump Running"?

I don't see it anywhere, so still not sure if my computer has one, or if I'm just not seeing it in AWCC

Thanks for your time and help

This is what it should look like.  You may need to install bios version 1.0.17 if you have a liquid cooled CPU and all you see is CPU fan running at 100%. 

Capture.JPG

amstel78
2 Iron

@22GREEN wrote:
I do see a radiator through the top of PC What is a AIO closed looped cooler? assume its the water cooled option I selected with the PC. I haven't opened the case but AWCC says CPU pump running.

AIO stands for 'All in one'.  It just means that it's a closed loop (you can't refill it as there's no separate reservoir) system that includes a radiator and an Asetak-type cooling block with a pump built in.  In our case, it also includes a fan.  Some 3rd party AIO's can be purchased with or without fans.  All will need a fan however.

0 Kudos
22GREEN
2 Iron

ok cool thats for that info. :Yes:

0 Kudos
Jamemamone
1 Nickel

Hey thanks a lot for posting that Amstel, I really appreciate it.

How do you get to the "Manage Thermal Systems" though? I don't see it anywhere,

Can you (or someone) please explain to me exactly how to get where I Can see "CPU PUMp running" from the moment you open AWCC?

Also, how do you update the BIOS?

Thank you

0 Kudos
amstel78
2 Iron

Manage thermal systems is located in the application called Alienware Command Center. 

As for BIOS updates; you just download it and either install it from Windows or from a DOS command line. Click on the following link for more information:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln148359/how-to-run-a-bios-update-on-an-alienware-com...

0 Kudos
Jamemamone
1 Nickel

Hey thanks for the reply

I'm asking where exactly and how do i get to manage thermal settings in the command center

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

@Jamemamone wrote:

I'm asking where exactly and how do i get to manage thermal settings in the command center

If Command Center is opening on AlienFX section, click Thermal Controls button near the bottom.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos