Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

7 Posts

July 19th, 2018 07:00

Aurora-R7, no audio?

I just bought a Aurora-R7 and set it up. I have no headphones / speakers. Doesn't the Aurora-R7 have Realtek audio output? Even if I choose Realtek audio as a output, no audio is coming out whatsoever. Am I missing something here?  

Best regards, Gabriel

15 Posts

July 19th, 2018 07:00

Realtek Audio Output is a soundcard, not a speaker! Edit: where do you think will the sound come out without headphones nor speakers?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 19th, 2018 10:00

@Ziden wrote:

Even if i choose realtek audio as a output, no audio is coming out whatsoever :(

After you select that, where do you have the (analog) headphones or speakers connected ... the front/top ones or the back 1/8inch jacks?

15 Posts

July 19th, 2018 11:00

He said that he has not connected any headphones or speakers!!! :-)

12 Posts

September 22nd, 2018 05:00

I am having similar issues.  I am only chiming in here because the response to the customer was inappropriate.  You technical types, seem to think we know this stuff.  We don't want to have your level of expertise, we want to buy a product, plug it in and it do what we ask.  A diagram with numbers and lines doesn't tell me in layman's terms what the thing does. 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 22nd, 2018 05:00

To answer the original post, Desktops DO NOT have built in speakers or mic's like a laptop.  You must connect, user supplied (unless you bought optional speakers) speakers for sound.  Same way with a mic.  Or a headphone and mic or a combo headphone/mic.

Most that buy gaming desktops such as the Alienware are "computer literate".  I'm not belittling those who are not, just that most are.  I managed a network and hardware help desk for 23 years (until retirement) and dealt with everyone from a total novice to engineers. I understand the frustration of a novice, but some reading of the documentation is required.

All the setup diagrams that I've seen, that come with a new PC, are self explanatory and should be all that's needed.  

An example is this one for the Aurora R7:

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/alienware-aurora-r7-desktop/alienware-aurora-r7-setupandspecs/set-up-your-computer?guid=guid-02a836d6-932b-4f7c-8bfa-0643923149d0&lang=en-us

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 22nd, 2018 10:00

@lp7p wrote:

1. I am having similar issues.

2. I am only chiming in here because the response to the customer was inappropriate. 

3. You technical types, seem to think we know this stuff. 

4. We don't want to have your level of expertise,

5. we want to buy a product, plug it in and it do what we ask. 

6. A diagram with numbers and lines doesn't tell me in layman's terms what the thing does. 

1. You have to admit, that is very vague. If you are having a problem, I suggest you start your own thread. Clearly describe your system and your issue and we will try to help you.

2. Well, we are all "customers" here. We Rockstars volunteer our free time (instead of spending it with our families, doing our real jobs, or leisure activities). However, I think you are referring to @cacarott comment. While I think he might have misunderstood the OP post, he was just trying to help another fellow user/customer.

3. Actually, we have no way of knowing each person's knowledge level. This forum is "users helping users ... with Dell employees moderating". This is free DIY computer repair. :Smile: .

4. Yeah, that's going to be a (self imposed) obstacle to you reaching your objective. You don't have to have our level of expertise, but like any other DIY venture, you have to want to spend time and effort on it. At least, read the Dell PDF manuals, other posts where we have clearly outlined trouble-shooting procedures, other break/fix scenario threads, YouTube videos, and other forums via Google search.

5. Computers and today's mobile devices mobile devices are complicated machines (similar to a modern vehicle in many ways). If that is your expectation, here are some suggestions for you.

a. Pay for a support-contract with Dell, Geek-Squad, or local qualified independent IT professional.
b. Switch to less complicated machines. I suggest an iPad and/or a gaming-console.

The computers and machines are yours ... not Dells or their responsibility. 

6. Not being able to understand simple diagrams (or follow simple directions) is a fairly serious problem. Unless you are rich (can afford to pay people to fix all problems for you) or maybe you have a family member to help you through life ... I expect you are going to have a pretty rough time of it ... at least with technology and machines. 

No Events found!