Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

5 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 10:00

Aurora R7, odd CPU temperature issue

So long time users of the forums first time poster...

I have an unusual problem.

My CPU is reporting 99/100 degrees temps

I have changed the cooler and the fans.

Still the same.

Each time I boot the fans all spin up to 100% and once windows comes up the slow down.
The temps show as 99/100 degrees.

The cpu fan (running a brand new Intel stock at this point) behaves like it should. It idles when the pc is idling...

But the other fans are still going crazy like they are trying to cool a meltdown.

It is an R7. It was running an upgraded i5 with upgraded Corsair watercooler. It is now running the original i3 with a stock intel cooler...

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2020 20:00

And did you remember to clean off all old thermal paste before reinstalling the CPU? 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2020 20:00

What thermal paste did you use and how did you apply it?  

And by 100 do you mean F or C? 

And is that idle temperature or load temperature? 

5 Posts

June 26th, 2020 12:00

Its Arctic MX-4 thermal paste...  Yes it was cleaned and reapplied each time.

The temps were in celcius and are showing as at idling at around 99 degrees when the machine is just switched on from cold.

I have reformatted everything rebuilt from scratch.  Cleaned every connector I can find.

I have changed the stock fan for a different intel stock fan.  I am now getting an error message from the bios at start up saying the CPU fan is failing (it isn't) and it needs 47 seconds to test (it doesn't)...but the temps are magically better with no logical reason for the previous error???

5 Posts

June 26th, 2020 12:00

Sorry...  I spoke too early.  Now a flashing Alien orange alien head at start up and it wont turn on again.

I think I may have to face it.  The machine is toast! 

No Events found!