Highlighted
4 Germanium

Re: Aurora R8, Experience of Buying

@Dell630i :

So . . . Pure Orange is the new Black 🤔

The "artisan paint" from I dunno... Montana? They have colored labels for their product range. Gold is for low pressure cans. Black is for high pressure cans. My search history is filled with "Montana Cans Black Black". 😂

This looks like it might fit

😯 😲 😆 FINALLY!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

@Dell630i :

Oh gosh I'm so excited you finally can complete your Cosmos. How's the processor like? Does the box smell new? Sealed? Any plans for booting this week? 👽

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

@GTS81    The "artisan paint" from I dunno... Montana? 

Yeah, I did some looking around on the web site link, and thought maybe I might try some of that 'artisan paint', but it was real confusing for me. I get the color thing. When I finally found a 400 ml matte black, the note read "usually ships within 2 to 3 months" 😳

FINALLY!!!

Now I will have to get back to some serious work on the Cosmos. I may have mentioned that, due to heat, I moved my home office downstairs into my wife's former home office, where it is much cooler. I have a portable air conditioner for my office upstairs, which worked fine when I am working by myself. But since I have been working remote and doing a lot of Zoom meetings, apparently it is just too loud. Other people in the Zoom video conference would ask 'what the heck is that noise', 'is that a jet engine', 'who is at the airport'  😂

So anyway, Cosmos is still upstairs, and not constantly 4 feet away from me where I could glance over and dream up plans, all day long.  I need to do some tubing run tests/design, and start looking at cable and wiring routes.

I talked about getting three M.2 NVMe SSDs like this  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro  but @r72019  mentioned something about using up a lot of PCIe lanes (or some such thing).  So let me know what you think about that SSD brand and if getting three is a problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

@GTS81   How's the processor like? Does the box smell new? Sealed?

The box appears to be sealed, and still is sealed. Everything looks bona fide, but I am going to wait just a bit to see if either of my other sources come through. If I needed to push a warranty issue with Intel, I think B&H or BLT would provide a cleaner route than eBay.

Probably will not be firing her up this weekend, but I hope to get a lot of work done toward that end.

IMG_5154.JPG

IMG_5156.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

@Dell630i :

So anyway, Cosmos is still upstairs, and not constantly 4 feet away from me where I could glance over and dream up plans, all day long.

I cook up plans for the orange julius even when I'm showering the toddler or I'm here at office 10 miles away. It's just a background task running in my mind visually imagining the various mods/ cabling/ placement.

Just got a message from Fedex that they delivered a package from PPCS today. 😂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

@GTS81    Just got a message from Fedex that they delivered a package from PPCS today.

🤔

Aquacomputer Quadro

Black Ice 420mm Rad

Corsair ML120 Pro

MNPCTech Overkill Nautilus 420mm Rad Grill

. . . something special for your wife?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

Only the first is arriving in today's package. 😂

Radiator is on Thursday.

1 fan is on Friday while the other 2 is in August.

MNPCTech grill... well... that's a splurge too much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

@GTS81    MNPCTech grill... well... that's a splurge too much.

So . . . by you NOT splurging on the MNPCTech grill . . . that is kinda like gifting something for your wife 😁

I found these nursery school edits  😂

@r72019   Or, I have black and orange sharpies you can borrow. 

Or, we can take the nursery kids stuff and re-market it as "custom build high performance  <Profanity removed> super illusive modification emblems"

@r72019   Or, I have black and orange sharpies you can borrow. 

Or, we can take the nursery kids stuff and re-market it as "custom build high performance  back-asswards fan hub super illusive modification emblems"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

How is it that you quoted the same text twice in one reply and only the first quote got moderated.  🤣

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

@r72019   @GTS81 

Copying some chatter from up-thread;

I talked about getting three M.2 NVMe SSDs like this  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro  but @r72019  mentioned something about using up a lot of PCIe lanes (or some such thing).  So let me know what you think about that SSD brand and if getting three is a problem.

So if you don't mind let me know what you think about ADATA SSD quality, and installing three SSDs. I don't know anything about PCIe lanes or how many I have and/or what they are even used for.

Also, if you could check the photos of the i9-10980XE box sticker info and let me know if you detect anything suspicious of peculiar. It is all Greek to me  🤔

I can sorta see 'back-asswards'  being flagged in a convent forum, but 'fan hub'  😂

0 Kudos