Highlighted
4 Germanium

Re: Aurora R8, Experience of Buying

I looked up at the clock and it was past midnight. All I did was sleeve 3 fan cables and played around a whole lot in placing the Quadro controller. Perhaps it's one of the most masochistic way to mount a fan controller and connect 3 fans to it. That's why it took 2 hours. 🤔

IMG_9628.jpg

@Dell630i : I'll cogitate on your questions in the morning. Right now in my state of mind, everything seems like Greek to me too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

Where did you post the box picture?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

@r72019 

IMG_5151.JPG

IMG_5154.JPG

IMG_5156.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo Plug in those numbers from the box? I can’t see the batch number clearly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

@GTS81   Plug in those numbers from the box? I can’t see the batch number clearly. 

as always (click photo to embiggen)

Thanks for the link. Looks like a very full 3 year warranty.

image.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

@Dell630i :

as always (click photo to embiggen)

Thanks for the link. Looks like a very full 3 year warranty.

🤓the iPad doesn't allow me to click to embiggen. Looks like we're all good that this boxed processor is genuine, unless seller has a very skillful way to slap on labels.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

Hot air gun.  But I mean you'll be able to tell if it's genuine as soon as you plug it in. Are you worried they slapped a 10980xe IHS on a 10940x? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

Empty Intel box with pristine sticker: 

intel box.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Germanium

Most likely just trying to make a quick $250 a pop by selling them $500 over cost.  I'd only worry about something like that if you bought from like say someone with 0 feedback as a seller, or the new member icon after their name and a couple small value feedback.

0 Kudos