Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

December 16th, 2018 10:00

Aurora R8, Nvidia Control Panel

Anyone know why there doesn't seem to be a Nvidia control panel on an Aurora R8?  I just received this computer (has the 2080i graphics card).  The control panel shows up in the tray, but does nothing when selected.  Also, the 3D photo viewer (under Nvidia corporation) starts searching for the program.  Thanks.  SJ 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 28th, 2019 10:00

@Jamemamone wrote:

For my graphics card, I chose the 2080 Ti

I had the chance to try what you suggested earlier Tesla, I downloaded that older driver from that link and when I try to install it, I get the error message: "The standard nividaia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows." 

Correct. For a (newer model) GTX-2080-Ti card, you have to use a driver like this:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/141906

But I suggest you use my same install-steps from that post.

402 Posts

February 28th, 2019 14:00

1. @Jamemamone wrote:

Also @ AMstel, to be clear
    In safe mode run DDU (graphics card driver uninstaller) and uninstall all of the nvidida drivers? or just 1? if so, which ones?
    also while still in safe mode go to nvidia website and download the latest driver?

Thank you

Apologies ahead of time for any typos as I'm responding on my phone.

You can actually run DDU from standard Windows environment, but it's recommended to run it in safe mode to ensure that all files are cleanly removed. 

When you run it, you need to select Nvidia. It will actually give you 3 options; Nvidia, AMD, and Intel. Selecting Nvidia will remove ALL Nvidia drivers. This effectively gives you a clean slate to work from.

I actually suggest downloading the latest Nvidia driver pack and keeping it on your desktop before booting into safe mode. That way you have it ready in case safe mode doesn't load your network drivers.

Also, by doing the DDU cleanup first, you can install the regular drivers without running into that error that says this driver cannot be installed on this system due to incompatibility. I too ran into that the first time, but DDU and installing in safe mode worked.

If you follow the above, you should have a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers minus the telemetry module, including a functional Nvidia control panel.

402 Posts

February 28th, 2019 14:00

Also, don't know if there's something with the GeForce game ready drivers versus what's included in the standard drive pack that uses so much ram, but I was able to free up almost a gig of compressed memory that usually gets loaded at boot.

At idle, it was usually about 5.7gb out of 16gb used. Now it's down to about 4.8gb in RAM. 

35 Posts

March 2nd, 2019 16:00

I apologize for the delay, I am finally ready to give it a shot.

I didn't have DDU in my computer, and was (And still am) looking for the best/safest place to download it.

From what I found, it is Wagnardsoft the website to do it from? They made it?

Also, if so, any specific version should I get? Or just the latest one.

Also, I only get that " driver cannot be installed on this system due to incompatibility" error when I install the "Standard" mode of the driver, but when I install the "DCH" version it doesn't give me a error and it lets me install it (I'm talking about in general, I have not tried what you suggested first in safe mode) And how I came to discover this is because when I was on the phone with Nvidia tech support earlier in the week, they told me to try that one, i have no idea what the differences are between dch and standard.  But this makes me ask:

I am planning on doing what you said with DDU installer in safe mode, then installing in safe mode the latest version of driver for my 2080 ti graphics card , which is 419.17.  But should I try it with the Standard or DCH version?

One more thing (For now) :)

In your last post, did you mean that the Drivers you install from the Geforce Experience itself took up more ram? Or just  manually downloading them from the site? (Assuming from the Gefore Experience but I just was curious) Not that I have a option to do that now anyway once I'm in safe mode.

Thanks again for all of your help amstel78

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 2nd, 2019 18:00

NEWER WHQL drivers were released feb 22 2019.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/143231/en-us

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Anthem and DiRT Rally 2.0

Gaming Technology
Includes support for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics cards

NVIDIA TITAN Series:

NVIDIA TITAN RTX, NVIDIA TITAN V, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN Z

GeForce RTX 20 Series:

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GeForce RTX 2080, GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2060

GeForce 16 Series:

GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

GeForce 10 Series:

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050, GeForce GT 1030

GeForce 900 Series:

GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950

GeForce 700 Series:

GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710

GeForce 600 Series:

GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 635, GeForce GT 630

402 Posts

March 3rd, 2019 04:00

@Jamemamone wrote:

I apologize for the delay, I am finally ready to give it a shot.

I didn't have DDU in my computer, and was (And still am) looking for the best/safest place to download it.

From what I found, it is Wagnardsoft the website to do it from? They made it?

Also, if so, any specific version should I get? Or just the latest one.

Also, I only get that " driver cannot be installed on this system due to incompatibility" error when I install the "Standard" mode of the driver, but when I install the "DCH" version it doesn't give me a error and it lets me install it (I'm talking about in general, I have not tried what you suggested first in safe mode) And how I came to discover this is because when I was on the phone with Nvidia tech support earlier in the week, they told me to try that one, i have no idea what the differences are between dch and standard.  But this makes me ask:

I am planning on doing what you said with DDU installer in safe mode, then installing in safe mode the latest version of driver for my 2080 ti graphics card , which is 419.17.  But should I try it with the Standard or DCH version?

One more thing (For now) :)

In your last post, did you mean that the Drivers you install from the Geforce Experience itself took up more ram? Or just  manually downloading them from the site? (Assuming from the Gefore Experience but I just was curious) Not that I have a option to do that now anyway once I'm in safe mode.

Thanks again for all of your help amstel78

1. DDU should be downloaded from one of the mirror sites Wagnardsoft lists in their download page.

2. Just get the latest version.

3. DCH driver is usually tweaked for OEM builders such as Dell.  The original drivers installed by Dell are most likely variations of Nvidia's DCH package.  Using DDU to remove all previous driver traces including registry entries allows the consumer to install the non-DCH Nvidia driver pack.

4. It's up to you, but I would suggest using the standard non-DCH driver pack.

5. There was something with the GeForce Experience application and perhaps the Experience video drivers as well that were using more phsyical RAM than the standalone drivers and no Experience app installed.  That's what I meant.

35 Posts

March 3rd, 2019 11:00

It worked!  Thank you so much Amstel78 for all of your time and help, wow, what a relief.

I also want to take this time to thanks Tesla1856 for taking the time to try to help me as well.

I started having this totally different problem a few days ago, was planning on starting a new thread for it, but I'll just /toss it out there now since I have you guys attention.

It has to do with the Ailenware Command Center

I can't mess around with any of the overclock settings in "Fusion" anymore and

Everytime I open it, I get a error message saying:

"Predefined Profiles Missing" - The App failed to load the predefined profiles, please connect to the internet (Which I am) and click on the download button in Fusion View"

Which I do, but all that does is cases the same error message to pop up again.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys

402 Posts

March 3rd, 2019 12:00

Try repairing it under Applications and Programs in Windows. If it doesn't work, try reinstalling the program again. Sounds like something got corrupted.

35 Posts

March 3rd, 2019 17:00

Yeah that didn't work, I decided to uninstall the command center, I followed these instructions:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln303405/how-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-alienware-command-center?lang=en

What is the best place to get the latest version for a Auora R8?

I went to https://www.dell.com/support/home?app=drivers  as suggested at the bottom of that uninstall thread, and when I do search for drivers, none say "Ailenware Command Center" I also did a search and nothing came up.

Or is it under a different name?

Thank you

402 Posts

March 3rd, 2019 18:00

Look here:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 3rd, 2019 19:00

@Jamemamone wrote:

What is the best place to get the latest version for a Auora R8?

Everything is here:

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/alienware-aurora-r8-desktop.html

No Events found!