Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2019 06:00

Aurora R8, RX 580 not recognized

Got a new RX 580 for backup and installed but no output to monitor, screen message no imput? I removed all the Nvidia drivers with DDU, disabled UHD 630, installed the 580 but it's a nogo. I just wanted to check it out anyway but windows 10 doesn't install the drivers or see it for some reason, could be the R8 bios or something, anyway if anyone has any ideas let me know, I've got the 9900 k and 2080 system 850 watt, oh I put the 2080 back in and it boots right up no problem, tried it 3 times thx

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 29th, 2019 08:00

NON DELL cards will REQUIRE SECURE BOOT OFF and CSM ON with legacy option roms.  Doesn't matter if we are talking NVIDIA or ATI.  If its not a DELL card it wont post. If you have CLASS 3 UEFI bios there is no CSM.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3156/~/when-installing-an-after-market-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc

BIOS CLASS 1 or 2 or 3BIOS CLASS 1 or 2 or 3

CSMCSM

402 Posts

March 27th, 2019 10:00

Not wishing to overstate the obvious, but are you sure you've got enough power going to the card?

If so, try booting into safe mode and see if it shows up.  Use DDU to wipe any/all traces of Nvidia or AMD drivers currently installed in the system.

Also try a different HDMI or display port connector and cable.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 27th, 2019 10:00

@DarbyDoo wrote:

disabled UHD 630,

I would not.

47 Posts

March 27th, 2019 12:00

Can't boot or can't see Safe Mode because there is no signal to monitor and the only drivers installed were Nvidia, used DDU but no change anyway will sell it and pick up a Nvidia card for a spare sometime thx for the help

47 Posts

March 27th, 2019 12:00

Tried different display ports and the fans and led lights work but found a video about the 500 cards including the 570 580 and the tech guy couldn't get it to post in alot OEM desktops especially Dell except for one model, so I'm guessing it's not compatiable, some kind of a conflict with OEM boxes

402 Posts

March 27th, 2019 13:00

Could be a bad card?

Have you tried the RX580 in another PC just to make sure it's functional?

47 Posts

March 27th, 2019 14:00

No haven't tried that but will and post back with results thx

47 Posts

March 29th, 2019 08:00

OK guys installed the 580 nitro in a computer I had built a few years ago ( Z97 pro gamer MB, 4690K, evga 650 psu) and it worked flawlessly, booted right up after windows 10 installed the generic driver, so card is good. It must be something with the Dell Bios or something that causes a conflict as was described in the tech video I watched, just wanted to post the results for the board, thx for the replies and ideas, cheers !

47 Posts

March 29th, 2019 12:00

speedstep followed your instructions and turned off Secure Boot and bingo it worked so many thx to you and everyone for the imput and help, so now I got my backup thx to the members here, thx again

402 Posts

March 29th, 2019 12:00

Just out of curiosity, but on the R7 and R8, I'd assume it's a class 3 UEFI BIOS?  Does one just have to turn secure boot off in order to run an aftermarket GPU?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 29th, 2019 13:00

Secure Boot Requires ALL HARDWARE whether its a storage controller or Video card or Software or OS to have a certificate in BIOS.  So Ubuntu earlier than 12.04.5 for example will not boot from anywhere.  Newer BIOS also does not support 32 bit os of any kind.  So you have to boot 64 bit Linux or WIN10 on systems with processors past Skylake.

This also means that newer cards even from Dell DO NOT WORK in older models unless they have legacy option roms because with no bios the card does not work.

That also means that distro's of Linux other than REDHAT and FEDORA and UBUNTU and SUSE for example WILL NOT BOOT OR LOAD.   Any os that didn't pay microsoft for a certificate in the SECURE BOOT game will not load.  This is the same for SOFTWARE DRIVERS and PROGRAMS.

3 Posts

January 11th, 2021 10:00

Would you mind sharing how did you do that? i was able to turn secure boot mode off but i still can´t make the video card work. I have a dell t3610. Thanks a lot in advance

No Events found!