alirz1
1 Copper

Aurora R9, GeForce GTX 950, no signal from monitor and keyboard

Similar problem here. Dell Aurora R9 came with the GeForce GTX 1650. I want to swap it with my older 2015 released GeForce GTX 950. 

460w power supply, has the 6 pin connector that the GeForce GTX 950 needs. Now I have the same problem. No display or keyboard lights with the GeForce GTX 950 in the computer.

Dell support is useless. I have had too many headaches with this computer. It is supposed to be easily upgradeable and Dell aims it at gamers!

If I can't figure this out soon, I am returning the computer. I just got it a week ago.

Why would you want to downgrade to the GeForce GTX 950 which has a 73% drop in Gaming performance index? DELL-Admin

26 Replies
Highlighted
alirz1
1 Copper

Re: Aurora R9, GeForce GTX 950, no signal from monitor and keyboard

please, lets not get concerned with performance. I dont play games on the PC. i have my reason to use the gtx950 in the R9.

Highlighted
Dell630i
4 Tellurium

@alirz1  I dont play games on the PC

Does your board have a GPU 8-pin power connector like the one shown below? (click photo to embiggen)

Aurora mobo.png

Highlighted
alirz1
1 Copper

yes it does. However it only has 4 wires in its connector.

The gtx950 only needs a 6pin connector.

i tried the power sypply from my other custom built pc, it has the same power supply connectors as the dell's and i have the same issue. So its related to the power supply itself.....

Does that 8pin connector on the needs to have all 8 wires in it? Technically the Dell power supply has a pin connector along with its 6pin connector. Do i need to do something with that? 

20200214_210600.jpg

Highlighted
alirz1
1 Copper

hmm cant edit the post above. but i meant to say it IS NOT related to the power supply itself.

Highlighted
r72019
3 Cadmium

The GTX 950s firmware doesn't support UEFI secureboot, absent an update.   Disable secureboot, f2 on startup, and you will be all set.  Then you can see if there's an update available from Nvidia, so you can turn it back on.

Highlighted
alirz1
1 Copper

i already tried that doesnt work. 

ok so to add more to the confusion. when i first installed the 950 in the pc like 3 days ago, had same problem. After after some fiddling, not sure what i did, but it started working. The secure boot was on at that point.

Today i just to unplug the PC from the wall, after that i ran into this issue and since this morning havent been able to turn it on. Even tried disabling secure boot etc.

the 950 is supposed to be compatible as per my research on the internet.

Highlighted
Dell630i
4 Tellurium

@alirz1 

You will need both, the 8-pin connector (even with only 4 wires) plugged into the board, and the 6-pin connector plugged into the GTX 950.

Highlighted
alirz1
1 Copper

@Dell630i as you will see in my picture posted above. both connectors are connected.

Highlighted
alirz1
1 Copper

Nice so my picture doesn’t display in the above post. Shows a yellow exclamation.

thanks dell.