Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AA

10 Posts

June 23rd, 2022 10:00

Aurora R9, Windows 11, cannot run AWCC

When I first upgraded, the AWCC (Alienware Command Center) was working. It stopped working so I have tried the following.

I have formatted and installed Windows 11 from scratch. I installed the latest version of AWCC to no avail. It starts to run then just disappears. I have been updating to the current versions to no avail. I have checked to ensure the proper services are running. I have the latest drivers installed as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

AndrewsAWR9_0-1656006038740.pngAndrewsAWR9_1-1656006092288.png

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 23rd, 2022 11:00

Clean-Install is good.

However, the version you should install is AW-CC v5.5.0.0

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=j2t2g&oscode=wt64a&productcode=alienware-aurora-r9-desktop

Pics are not approved yet.

June 23rd, 2022 12:00

This is the version of AWCC I have installed. Probably updated to this version a month ago.

163 Posts

June 23rd, 2022 13:00

I have the AWCC disabled on my R10... I found it is wonky to use as the OC controls want to download over and over again even though installed the latest from Dell's site. The computer runs just as good (or a slight bit better) without the Command Center.

June 23rd, 2022 13:00

I upgraded my case fan and was wanting to make sure it was optimized. Otherwise, everything is running well. AWCC is the only interface to see the fan settings as far as I know. I am not overheating as I measure the hard disk temps with hard disk sentinel.

1 Rookie

• 

66 Posts

June 25th, 2022 13:00

same issue, i am so tired of this thing updating without my approval and then stop working. pure garbage

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

June 29th, 2022 06:00

There are better options than AWCC for everything AWCC controls, except case fans.

In my opinion, it would be nice if we could use a third party fan control program, as that would solve this AWCC issue,..

June 29th, 2022 06:00

I contacted Dell Support and this issue was resolved for a day. I have rebooted twice and am back to the same issue of AWCC comes up to a white splash screen and no longer works. However, I can tell my front case fan is running at a higher speed. This is why I started this thread but the AWCC should be more stable.

1. Run System File Checker sfc.exe

2. Turn off computer, unplug all connected USB devices

3. Push power button and hold for 60 seconds

4. Only plug in keyboard and mouse

5. AWCC worked after rebooting

6. I was able to update thermal settings

June 29th, 2022 07:00

I totally agree! I need basic controls not the level of complexity that has been built in the the AWCC.

July 11th, 2022 05:00

I was able to determine the USB 3.0 hub cable to my Alienware 38" monitor was causing the AWCC disruption. I have not unplugged the few items that are in this hub but what an aggravation. Not sure what the permanent cure is but at least I am able to get into AWCC by pulling that cable during a reboot.

• 

25K Posts

September 2nd, 2022 12:00

Hi Andrew. I am part of the Dell Community Support Team and your case has called my attention.
I see you have been facing some issues get AWCC to work correctly again and I would like to help you here.

We'll need to escalate this behavior in order to have more information on how to proceed. To collect the information we need, please follow the upcoming instructions that will guide you on how to get the app logs:

- If AWCC Is already installed open the CMD terminal as Administrator and follow this steps:

- Navigate to the installation folder of AWCC (for example, "cd C:\Program Files\Alienware\Alienware Command Center")

- Run the command: fadcollector.exe /start

- Perform activities to reproduce the issue in Alienware Command Center

- Run the command fadcollector.exe /stop which will take few minutes to collect the troubleshooting information and display the path for the compressed file. The /stop command will gather all required troubleshooting information from start to stop.

Please share them with us through a cloud once you have them, or if you need assistance with the steps and I will be glad to help.

- Josué.

No Events found!