Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

January 6th, 2021 10:00

Aurora R9, down for a month, no resolution or assistance

I am posting this because I am out of options after calling 4-5 times, talking with multiple reps, 2 field dispatches, a failed interaction with the refund department, and no help from the Facebook account.

In October '20 I purchased an R9, and had a problem on day 1 with a GPU that was DOA. This is what I have gone through since then:

10/11:  Loud fan noise, called and opened case . Spent hours troubleshooting, no resolution.  Dispatched a technician.

10/13:  Graphics card failure, technician replaced graphics card.

12/20:  Computer froze and then rebooted on its own, but couldn’t boot past the Alienware logo. Called tech support and spent hours reinstalling and repairing windows. Reformatted hard drives. Did not resolve the issue.  Technician dispatched with a new motherboard and hard drives.

12/24:  Technician arrives and replaces motherboard and hard drives. Computer does not boot, post code 4 (Ram failure). Technician orders Ram modules shipped to my house.

12/28:  Ram installed, does not correct the problem. Called Dell to create a new ticket. Discussed with a phone rep, but no additional ticket email was generated. No follow up. Am unsure if this representative did anything at all.

12/30:  Called Dell again and opened a new case – service request ID . Luis was supposed to follow up on whether the unit can be replaced or sent into the center for repair. No response.

1/4:  I call Dell again and talk with Gabriella. She forces me to go through all troubleshooting steps for almost 2 hours before she can “escalate” my issue. All troubleshooting steps failed. I was advised that I will receive a reply on next steps in 2 business days.

1/5:  I send posts on Facebook to Alienware demanding a refund after sending them my case information and all of the problems I have that are not resolved, noting that the 30 day return window makes no sense when I am in limbo for so long that I cannot even evaluate a product that is always down and pending technicians. I received a canned response of denial, and then advised I can troubleshoot the issue with the Facebook rep, or wait for the “local team” to issue a response. I decide to wait for the local team.

1/6:  After no response from the 1/4/2021 call, I get an email from David. He asks me if I was offered to return the PC to the center for repair or replacement. I advise that he was going to check on this for me, since I did not know my options – I was not given ANY information on what to do. No resolution as of today.

Can anyone please help and not provide a canned response to tell me to troubleshoot? I demand a refund of my $1600. This is reprehensible. I do not have a working computer despite my warranty and "support" I have received. I have never had an opportunity to speak with management or one single agent who is empowered to resolve the situation and make it right. Thank you.

3 Posts

January 9th, 2021 18:00

So you removed my case # from the post, but no one bothered to look it up and try to help me?   Thanks a lot.

56 Posts

January 11th, 2021 09:00

Try the FB link below. I've been getting the runaround from India support for 3 weeks. Managers, chat support, etc...and the FB message service worked for me after a negative review on their page.

Stay focused, go easy, and don't give up. 

Good Luck

https://www.facebook.com/Dell/?ref=page_internal

3 Posts

January 21st, 2021 17:00

Thanks I am trying!  I wonder if someone will read this.  Still not fixed and I even sent it in.  I am done.  I was supposed to receive contact from a manager...nothing.

1/9: I return to the post I made on the Alienware desktop community forum. I see that they redacted my case number from my post, but didn't contact me to help.  I eventually was advised to "await for the local team" to reply to me since I was "already engaged with them" on this issue.
1/10: David emails me and sends me a box so that I can send the unit in for repair. I send the computer back on 1/11.
1/18: Repair completed at center and sent back to me. Motherboard and CPU replaced.
1/20: I start my computer and it runs, but it crashes and restarts when trying to download video drivers. Windows repair fails. I call tech support and discuss with Edgar. After almost 2 hours of failed troubleshooting, he agrees to have a supervisor call me the next day.
1/21: I do NOT receive a phone call, or any email updates to my case

Amazing.  If this keeps ONE person from buying Alienware I will have done my job.  

No Events found!