Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

January 13th, 2022 11:00

Aurora R9, ran Updates, not connecting to monitors

Hello!

Last night I ran Updates and Shut Down. Now when I power on my computer, the front LED turns light blue, and it doesn't connect to any monitors? I've tried different cables, monitors, taking out and putting the graphics card back in, etc. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

< it doesn't connect to any monitors.

What makes you think it is even BIOS-Posting and booting at all?

Sounds like a BIOS update might have been forced upon your Aurora-R9, and it went badly.

... so how do I fix that?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 13th, 2022 13:00

If you really can't find the "Failed BIOS Upgrade" troubleshooting steps, just let us know.

However, that would be strange since about 40% of the messages on this forum are related to that.

January 14th, 2022 09:00

I've read the BIOS Recovery page, but it's not powering my keyboard so I can't use CTRL+ESC.

edit: also, after that, how would I go through selection menus without being able to see them?

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

January 14th, 2022 13:00

Did you try a CMOS reset?

CMOS reset 

Item 12 on that picture.

CMOS Clear instructions 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

January 14th, 2022 15:00

Let us know if that made any difference or not.

January 16th, 2022 16:00

hello!

I did that,, and now my computer is in an endless loop of restarting. 

First, it boots up, and immediately bluescreens, saying that there's an error. Second, it goes into supportassist, and does a system scan. It says "no hardware issues found" and goes into OS Recovery. Third, It says there's an OS_BOOT_FAILURE, and tries to repair. it only finds an error with the Partition Table, says "We've restored your PC to a working state", and restarts. Then it repeats. 

January 16th, 2022 16:00

now it's restarting over and over with a DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

January 16th, 2022 19:00

Windows 10 is busted.  try a fresh clean install of Win 10 now you have got video on screen, using a bootable USB installation media (MS media creation tool).  After successful Win 10 Pro install try to edit group policy to disable automatic Windows 10 update.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

January 17th, 2022 03:00

Yes, your Windows installation seems to have issues. At least you have your monitor working again.

January 17th, 2022 07:00

I've done this, but it's still 

boots up -> blue screen ("DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION") -> restarts -> repeat

210 Posts

January 17th, 2022 08:00

Driver verifier is a technical tool in windows 10. You have to disable it.

in a command prompt

verifier /reset

OR

verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5470-enable-disable-driver-verifier-windows-10-a.html

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/driver-verifier

January 17th, 2022 10:00

how do I get to command prompt? there's no menus or anything I can select. 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

January 17th, 2022 15:00

I would do a reinstall with a bootable Windows USB media. Looks to me like your windows installation is corrupt, Hopefully you have a recent backup of your important data.

No Events found!