Highlighted
BTKillerr
Copper

Brand new Aurora and Destiny 2 runs super poor

I just purchased a brand new Alienware Aurora and loaded up Destiny 2 and it barely runs it. I've been kicked from Destiny for "consistent low frame rate", the video is super laggy. I have made sure I am running the latest video driver, in game my settings are turned down to medium. With this machine it should be fast and smooth.

Here's my hardware profile"

i7-8700 3.2 GHz

32gb of Ram

Windows 10 64bit

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

I use my TV as my monitor (4k ultra) if that matters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Replies
beamermt79
Diamond

Re: Brand new Aurora and Destiny 2 runs super poor

Are you running it in 4k with Ultra HRD mode on? If the graphics card is detecting this and trying to keep up, thats probably half the battle right there. The 1070 is a good card, but running what I would assume is a 50 or 60+ inch screen at 4k with U-HDR mode on is making the 1070 barf and thats if it will do it at all.
0 Kudos
BTKillerr
Copper

Re: Brand new Aurora and Destiny 2 runs super poor

Thanks for answering Beamer! While your answer didn't fix my problem it did get me looking in the Nvidia control center. Turns out I had a Homer Simpson moment. I got the weird message that there were no displays connected to my card. I'm feeling a little sheepish about it but it turns out I had my HDMI cable plugged into the wrong video port!! Plugged it into the video card port and VOILA!!! it's all fine now. The graphics are amazing! And absolutely no lag! Setting my video settings back to high and it's game on!!

Thanks again Beamer!

0 Kudos