Alienware Desktops

Last reply by 08-15-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
3 Argentum

Cleaning tip for Alienware Aurora's

Dear community,

I have a tip for cleaning your Alienware case outside panels.

Take a industrial Alcohol Propanol from at least 70%, make sure you have a can with a sprayer and mix 100ml Propanol with 150ml water, spray 8x = 0,25ml on a clean and soft cloth and gently wipe all panels.

I have a white R 13 and it looks amazing after 3 months, so bright!

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
8 Platinum

I would recommend distilled water (it's plastic safe) . 100% cotton cloth or micro-fiber. 

You can also vacuum it off first (soft brush attachment).

If cleaning the dust from the inside  ... take outside and blow-out with air-compressor at 40-50psi. Be sure to get all fans, the video card, the power-supply, and the liquid-cooler's radiator.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.

View solution in original post

Replies (28)
3 Zinc

I'm really hoping that clear side panel is not made from acrylic.

8 Platinum

I would recommend distilled water (it's plastic safe) . 100% cotton cloth or micro-fiber. 

You can also vacuum it off first (soft brush attachment).

If cleaning the dust from the inside  ... take outside and blow-out with air-compressor at 40-50psi. Be sure to get all fans, the video card, the power-supply, and the liquid-cooler's radiator.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
4 Tellurium

I use one of these. I’m sure there are cheaper ones but you get what you pay for. When I use this tool I hold the fans while blowing the dust off. 

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Powerful-Electronic-Environmentally-Friendly/dp/B01FWSYOME

5 Iridium

Most important for any type of cleaning:

- Ensure to unplug the power cord before starting.

- Don't spray anything inside the computer case ever.

- Be careful not to create static energy as that might damage components.

Hello,

Propanol and/ or Isopropyl alcohol does NOT affect or damage the surface from Acrylic.

Only Petroleum derivates like Thinner are damage Acrylic.

So Propanol and Isopropyl alcohol are safe.

3 Argentum

More importantly people after 3 months should not have to clean, hoover or remove dust. The R13 is so badly designed though they have to. The cooling system provided is great at sucking air in, but cant get rid of it.

I also do not understand the need for a metal grill behind the front plastic, but thats another issue.

this is false

Acrylic is an amorphous polymer that is principally soluble in isopropyl alcohol. The alcohol diffuses into the surface causing the polymer chains to swell, resulting in a phenomenon called 'crazing'.

....? It's definitely not because the design, but because the situation. I smoke in the room where my extremely well designed Alienware R 13 stands.

I have also wondered what the metal grade is there for on the R11 side panels.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor