Highlighted
Maxii123
1 Nickel

How upgradeable is the X51? Without power issues.

I have the GTX 660 2gb currently installed in my X51, looking online for stress tests and comparing it with the GTX 1060 6gb shows that power consumption is actually less (GTX 660 = 292 Watts @ 1080p gaming & GTX 1060 = 143 Watts @ 2160p gaming max. OC) does anybody know would this actually be true in practice? I just find it quite hard to believe the efficiency would be that good for a substantialy better card.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
justair
1 Nickel

Re: How upgradeable is the X51? Without power issues.

It is..  Nvidia was concentrating a lot on efficiency for several generations.. the 2000 series is the first that actually has some pretty substantial bumps to power requirements.  The 660 though required 140watts.. im guessing the reason your doubling it is because of sli?

0 Kudos
Maxii123
1 Nickel

Re: How upgradeable is the X51? Without power issues.

Yeah pretty much 🙂 I wanted to know if it was possible in such a small case! Back in 2013 I bought my first gaming device the M18x r1 which had two GTX560M’s in SLI so I am used to those types of setups. But I am comfortable to settle with one GPU if I have too I would like to fit at least a 6gb 1060 in the X51 r2 if that is even possible on the 300 Wattage power supply we are given. Thanks so much for the quick reply always love having a second opinion before rushing into things. Max.

0 Kudos