Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

47 Posts

April 2nd, 2019 11:00

Aurora R8, Nvidia Tray Icon Fix

If you"re missing the Nvidia settings icon in your system tray and want it back, there's a registry fix I found on the Nvidia forums =

* Open regedit
* Go to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\nvlddmkm\NVTray
* Enable ShowInSedona and StartOnLogin by double clicking and changing 0 to 1
* Then right click on desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel to open, at the top select Desktop and select Show Notification Tray Icon and reboot

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

April 4th, 2019 16:00

This was an issue a few years back. I have the reg. file saved but since newer versions of GeForce Experience this hasn't been an issue. They fixed it so the icon is back. Mines there..

47 Posts

April 4th, 2019 17:00

There's still an issue with it not showing up on Win10 and the fix is the one I posted, the two registry entries are in a different place from what your talking about, mine wasn't visible and had no option to display tray icon until I applied the posted fix, I had all the latest updates to Nvidia and Win10. I had tried your fix " registry" and other 2017 fixes but none worked except the posted fix.

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

April 5th, 2019 18:00

hmmm weird maybe it only effects random PC's mines good to go. I have an R7

47 Posts

April 6th, 2019 06:00

Ya seems strange, after I did the 1809 Win update from 1803 now that I think about it I had the issue, so maybe that was the cause, oh well computers got to love them, cheers

1 Message

December 27th, 2020 18:00

M15R3

Worked like a charm. Thanks heaps !

No Events found!