Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AJ

1 Message

December 2nd, 2018 09:00

Aurora R7, UEFI BIOS PCIe settings options

Does anyone know if it's possible in the UEFI BIOS settings for an Aurora R7 to change PCIe settings, such as the version?  I have an Intel Wigig card that's sitting in the fourth PCIe slot (X16) that I'd like to force to operate in PCIe version 3 (rather than 2.0 now).  Seems like a common motherboard option, but I can't find it in the interface if it exists.

If its not possible the BIOS, could you point me toward a way that I could force the version in Win10?

Thanks for reading,
Jeff

Aurora R7, i7, GeForce 1080ti (slot 1) 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 2nd, 2018 14:00

@Alien Jeff wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible in the UEFI BIOS settings for an Aurora R7 to change PCIe settings, such as the version?  I have an Intel Wigig card that's sitting in the fourth PCIe slot (X16) that I'd like to force to operate in PCIe version 3 (rather than 2.0 now).  Seems like a common motherboard option, but I can't find it in the interface if it exists.

If its not possible the BIOS, could you point me toward a way that I could force the version in Win10?

Thanks for reading,
Jeff

Aurora R7, i7, GeForce 1080ti (slot 1) 

AFAIK,

You can't change a slot's PCIe version (or speed / lanes).

x16 slots = PCIe v3.0 - x8 electrically (only)

x1 slots = PCIe v3.0 - x1 electrically

November 18th, 2021 22:00

I am trying to use ThunderBolt 4 card on R7 for external GPU, Thunderbolt soft said that "Turn on PCIe tunneling in BIOS to use external GPU". I cannot find how to setting in BIOS.  

Hwan 

No Events found!