Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

January 17th, 2019 02:00

X51 R2, CPU fan replacement

My Cpu temps are rising to 75c, sometimes even more. I have already applied new thermal paste and want to know if theres any kind of fan that's better than the stock one that would fit into the pc. 

I needed to get rid of my 40mm fan so I could fit my 1070 inside it as well. 

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

January 17th, 2019 18:00

39 Posts

January 17th, 2019 21:00

Hello, I suggest you try to do a computer hardware test to see if the fan has specific error information, hardware detection method: Please connect the power adapter, press F12 immediately before seeing the Dell Logo, select Diagnostics or Enter Epsa option, Enter, perform hardware testing. If you see a full-screen color stripe appear, press the Y key in time to continue, and then wait to see if there is an error message. Or you can refer to the graphic tutorial, Video Tutorial

10 Posts

January 18th, 2019 20:00

I ordered a Noctua Nh-l9i cpu cooler for my x51, i think any decent aftermarket Low Profile cooler should be better, but you will have to sacrifice the cpu exhaust shroud. As for gpu cooling i have an asus GTX 1070ti turbo, i removed the front fan (that usually won't fit with big gpu's) and put it on the HDD cage which i spaced up from the bottom of the case to allow for more airflow. couple zip ties and its not going anywhere, and helps with gpu temps. Also not running a HDD, got an SSD above the optical drivebay
No Events found!