Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Community Manager

• 

377 Posts

September 18th, 2022 03:00

"DS: If a new Alienware Desktop were to launch, what features would you want to see?"

If a new Alienware Desktop were to launch, what features would you want to see?

1 Rookie

• 

378 Posts

September 18th, 2022 06:00

I want to see Dell use standardized parts. A new case design that allows for 240-360mm AIO setup to properly cool the CPU to avoid throttling. It also needs less system constraints where the PC is less picky about what parts you can use when deciding to upgrade. Lose the plastic case design, go with an aluminum case. HP is doing it with the Omen series and their PC's cost less for a similar build.

If Dell needs or really wants ideas for the next Alienware desktop, please watch Steve Burke's Alienware reviews where he offers Dell suggestions about how to make the desktop better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulhFi5N2hc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnvxSkqJ8ic

1 Rookie

• 

176 Posts

September 19th, 2022 00:00

Be wary of You Tube reviews made by people who make money from creating content and who have sponsor's.

In general they will find fault with anything not made by one of there sponsor's, whilst bigging up anything made made by one of there sponsor's, especially there main one.

The R13 has its fault's but it is not half as bad as Steve makes it out to be. It is certainly not a "furnace" in my experience.

You can put in what cooling you like by the way but it wont stop the CPU throttling because that is controlled, by design, by the BIOS. Dell wont unlock that control because someone puts in a 240MM cooling system.

It is what it is. 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

September 18th, 2022 06:00

Duplicate thread...

1 Rookie

• 

378 Posts

September 19th, 2022 12:00

Steve Burke from Gamers Nexus, does extensive reviews and he is usually right on target. His company pays for all the products they review. I have watched both reviews posted. I happen to own an Alienware Aurora R10. I am happy with the PC with the exception that the PSU died within 8 months. However as an R10 owner, I agree 100% with his assessment of the Aurora R10. Everything he says in the review is accurate.

His sponsors and those buying their goods help to pay for their purchases. They are upfront about that. I have never detected he is maliciously giving bad reviews because Dell isn't one of his sponsors.

Community Manager

• 

573 Posts

September 19th, 2022 12:00

The other thread here is about laptops, this is desktops: When purchasing a new Alienware Laptop, is there a tech resource you use for reviews?

2 Intern

• 

262 Posts

September 19th, 2022 13:00

Standards-based components. No more proprietary parts! True upgradeability. I would think this could be a win-win for Dell/AW. Supporting industry-standards can make it easier for Dell support techs to help users. It would certainly give more flexibility to Dell when dealing with supply-chain issues, and it would make upgrading systems much easier to do.

Besides...many of us here are geeks who love to tinker with and upgrade our systems. As long as there was a clear policy about how upgrades would affect warranty status, this could also be a good thing for Dell and customers.

"I am a Dell TechExpert. I am not a Dell employee. I use my free time to help the community. If you find my posts uselful, I'd appreciate a thank you by clicking on Kudos!"

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

September 19th, 2022 16:00

No Events found!