Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 30th, 2012 21:00

680 SLI

Ok, I have been sent a replacement GTX 680 for trouble shooting purposes, however, I am almost 100% certain the problem is not the graphics card.  Now, looking at this nifty addittional graphics card is now making me thing it's a good idea to keep it and pay for the one they sent as a replacement.

Only problem is, I don't know how to connect two cards via SLI.

Can anyone tell me what I would have to do in this instance.

Thanks in advance.

54 Posts

October 30th, 2012 22:00

you only need a sli bridge cable to connect the two cards via the sli slot on the card, and install the driver and enable sli in the control panel

2.4K Posts

October 31st, 2012 01:00

Hi, sorry been on another forum having a good old read...

Sorry for sounding a bit stupid here, but I don't need extra drivers just for SLI do I? Also, is there a particular SLI bridge to go with the 680GTX or will any SLI bridge suffice?

Thank you for the reply :)

Just like kiss4luna said you do not need any extra drivers. You will only need to go into the control panel and turn it on.

You can use a short PCB SLI bridge or any flexible SLI bridge on your setup . If you buy a hard PCB bridge then make sure its a short one or it will not work.

I would buy this one. EVGA 2-way SLI flexible bridge $9.99
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=401-MB-0033-01

96 Posts

October 30th, 2012 23:00

Hi, sorry been on another forum having a good old read...

Sorry for sounding a bit stupid here, but I don't need extra drivers just for SLI do I? Also, is there a particular SLI bridge to go with the 680GTX or will any SLI bridge suffice?

Thank you for the reply :)

96 Posts

October 31st, 2012 02:00

Exellent. Thank you for the confirmation and link.  Much appreciated.

No Events found!