Highlighted
bobby.h
1 Copper

7 day old alienware M11x R3 wont turn on, cannot find product on dell page either.

Hello all,

I took delivery of my Alienware M11x 7 days ago. It worked as advertised until tonight. I took it out of the case, plug it in, and press power.... nothing. The entire computer wont boot, wont turn on, no sign of life. I checked the bottom battery indicator and it is all charged.

Then things get even more frustrating. I logged onto dell web site and type in my service number, but the site rejected it saying no such product exist. Except i can plainly see it in my order history. I called customer service, which give me the run around until i reach a voicemail number. I cannot see my warranty information and i cannot get help. Combined with a massive hardware failure that causes my computer to die for no reason makes me regret my (very expensive) alienware purchase.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YuriKumagai
1 Nickel

Re: 7 day old alienware M11x R3 wont turn on, cannot find product on dell page either.

Hi friend,

I had the same problem than you, if you want to know my experience...

take a look http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/p/19375726/19874904.aspx#19874904

Advice, be patient very very patient

0 Kudos
bobby.h
1 Copper

Re: 7 day old alienware M11x R3 wont turn on, cannot find product on dell page either.

Sorry but I do not think the customer should be patient when the company shipped a faulty product. I called Alienware and Dell all day and all i got is rounds of transfers, missing product service tags, claims that their service software is down. At one point Alienware actually said their offices is closed and I need to call back tomorrow. This is completely unacceptable. At this point i want a complete refund or a complete replacement (no refurbed units). My computer is so new that the clear plastic covering on the shiny parts of the computer are still attached. 

0 Kudos