CTopher84
3 Argentium

RE: 980Ti w/ Alienware Graphics Amplifier

Tweian, are you using windows 10? Which version does the driver show in the nvidia control panel?

0 Kudos
Tweian
1 Copper

Windows 10 and 353.62

0 Kudos
CTopher84
3 Argentium

Interesting. I didn't ge ta chance to try out the drivers last night. I"ll give it a go tonight.

0 Kudos
Tweian
1 Copper

Just played around with it some more.

I cannot get it to accept the 353.62 driver right off the bat. But if i install the 353.30 driver first, and then let windows update install its driver update, it seems to take.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CTopher84
3 Argentium

Gotcha. That means that the issue is still there. I cannot believe it has taken Dell and Nvidia 2 months to add hardware IDs to a driver INF. It's pretty ridiculous at this point.

0 Kudos
psihas
1 Copper

Mine detects the  980ti  after downloading the windows 10 update, but still wont install the Nvidia 353.62 drivers. (card can´t be found)  although I can see it in the device manager. I´ve tried the manual installation and still can´t get it to work. 

How did you manage it. Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

0 Kudos
CTopher84
3 Argentium

You don't want the driver from the windows update. Just go to to control panel and uninstall the nvidia graphics driver, download the driver for the 980m and then install that one. You'll have to install/reinstall everytime you want to switch to or from the graphics amplifler until they get the driver fixed.

0 Kudos
Luch007
1 Copper

Hey guys! I'm a first time alienware user and I also have the graphics amplifier. Can you guys please notify me when the fix is available because I'm also looking to purchase a gtx980 ti. I did read a post on one of the forums and this guy said he spoke to dell and apparently the update for the AGA will be done in august. I don't know if it is reliable info or not but I'm hoping it will happen soon!!! I see some of you said you made it work with various ways so does it work properly the way you guys did it or should I just wait for the update? Thanks guys appreciate the posts!

0 Kudos
psihas
1 Copper

So let me understand, I plug the GA with the 980ti and install the 980m (laptop GPU) new drivers? after uninstalling the windows 10 drivers?? 

0 Kudos
Gordon5911
1 Copper

Ok So i just got my alien ware 17 r2 today. Im in Guantanamo Bay I also got the graphics amplifier with the titan.... obviously it doesn't work from following this thread. am I to understand I can download the windows 10  update from nvidia? I have the windows 8 version since i ordered the laptop back in the middle of june. please advise thanks in advance

Gordon

0 Kudos