Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2013 04:00

A11 BIOS for M18x R2

I see that the A11 BIOS has been released.  I had hoped that the promised fix for the eject CD on the onboard control panel would be included but it doesn't appear so.

Can someone explain in plain English what the fixes/improvements in the A11 BIOS are please?

This is from the download page:

Fixes
-Not Applicable
Enhancements
-Enhanced SMBIOS TYPE01 Offset 19h to Product name.
-Enhanced update DIMM isolation protocol.
-Enhanced update ePSA to 4220A10.(4220.11

cheers

74 Posts

October 1st, 2013 05:00

Hi Andrew,

yep I saw that thread, in fact it was me asking all those questions about the A11 bios and the eject CD problem in that topic :D

cheers

901 Posts

October 1st, 2013 06:00

Ha, now thats ironic :P

4 Posts

March 30th, 2014 21:00

This is my first post so I'm sorry if I'm doing this incorrectly. I was searching for a solution regarding my BSOD problems with xfire 7970m when I happened upon your post. I had the same problem two days ago when I did a clean OS and drivers install on my laptop and I found that my eject cd was either not working, or it was opening up the alienware command center application. What I did that worked was I uninstalled the alienware OSD and the alienware command centre then reinstalled them again,this time alienware CC first THEN alienware OSD.

Hope it works for you as well, if you still have this issue that is.

74 Posts

March 30th, 2014 22:00

Thanks  but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.  Between the eject Cd and the HDMI input not working it's starting to drive me up the wall.

No Events found!