so i downloaded the AMD EVOLVED program to update my driver and i accidentally updated to a intel driver and this has effected my AMD driver can anyone help me with resetting it back to how it was when i got it i tried factory settings but it didn't work
I will recommend you to perform the Alienrespawn, I’m not sure if that’s that one you performed but here is a video on how to do it.
If the issue persists after that the best way to go will be reinstalling windows.
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:
so I tried doing both the things you recommended and it has made things even worse It wont pick up my video card at all now so when I try to up date it says it cant find any drivers for my system and that my laptop does not have any drivers on it so is there anything else I could do
AlienRespawn will only work if the initial backup image is good, and then only when it feels like it, it's a notoriously unreliable program.
1. Go to control panel , uninstall programs.
2. Uninstall each and every AMD program you can find, you may be required to reboot, follow onscreen instructions.
3. Uninstall any and all Intel graphics drives programs, anything with "Intel 4600" or Intel W.M.M.D. - If the intel driver WMMD is not present in the uninstall list, don't stress quite yet.
4. Restart you laptop, your screen may look funny but that's OK for now.
5. Download, install and run Driversweeper, select the box's marked intel and AMD, then clean, and driversweeper will find any left over bits that may cause problems
6. Restart your laptop.
7. Download "Intel HD Graphics" for Alienware 17/18 from Dell website.
8. Download AMD drivers from AMD site, NOT OMEGA DRIVERS (R9 M290x = AMD 8970M)
9. Run Intel HD graphics install, reboot when finished.
10. Run AMD driver, reboot when finished.
11. Turn off windows automatic updates or this will happen again, set it to "Download updates but ask me weather to install them" that's a much safer setting.
If you get any error messages during installation you may have an issue with you onboard or discrete GPU.
i did what you said and it did help alot but i still think there is something wrong as im playing fifa 15 and it is only running at 20 fps which i cant believe
any ideas ??