Highlighted
mikecpdx
1 Copper

ANY possible way to upgrade my Alienware M11XR2 to Windows 10?!

I can't believe I'm stuck on Windows 7 Ultimate.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: ANY possible way to upgrade my Alienware M11XR2 to Windows 10?!

Unfortunately, according to the policy document, the Alienware M1xXR2 series will not be supported on Windows 10. Some users have successfully installed Windows 10 on these non-supported systems, but they did all the driver investigation (example: installing 7/8/8.1 drivers) to force it to work. Dell does not have the resources to do this on non-supported systems. You could also try posting this on the Notebook Review and Alienware Arena forums for assistance.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Rich Dewees
3 Silver

RE: ANY possible way to upgrade my Alienware M11XR2 to Windows 10?!

I have an Alienware Area 51 ALX desktop (2009).  I was getting blue screens on my many attempts to install Win 10 and thought I was limited to Win 7.  It was suggested a new fresh install on a new hard drive was a possibility.  I bought a new 480GB SSD created a Win 10 .iso CD and did just that and all is working great.  Good luck.  By the way.  GET ACONIS.  It is a life saver!

AW Area 51 ALX Bios-A11 CC-2.8.11.0 Processor-I975 3.33 OC 3.83 RAM-6 GB 1333 Video Card-Dual NVidia GTX295 Video Driver-342.01 Sound Card-SB X-FI Titanium (Removed) SSD (Primary/OS)-480GB Corsair Neutron XT Spare Hard Drive-Dual 300G, 10K RPM RAID 0 Spare Hard Drive-640G (For System Back-Up Images) Optical Drive-DVD DH-24/Blu-Ray BH-30N Monitor-Dell S2817Q 5 Port USB 3.0 PCI Card Keyboard-AW TactX Mouse-AW TactX OS-Win 10 Pro 64 bit
0 Kudos