PerfectEvo
1 Nickel

Re: ATI Radeon 7970 OC will not work in Aurora R3

Just wanted to poke my head in and say I am still following this thread and hoping a real solution or explanation is found.  I reverted back to my stock 560 Ti that came with the R3 and am waiting to see how things shake out.

0 Kudos
PerfectEvo
1 Nickel

Just ordered this card: Gigabyte GTX 770 4 GB GV-N770OC-4GD.

Should be able to try it out this weekend.  I'll update on whether it works.

0 Kudos
PerfectEvo
1 Nickel

Quick update, the GTX770 works absolutely great.  No problems at all getting it running.

0 Kudos
R3 Bios hater
1 Nickel

I just thought I would let you alkl know.

I have a Gigabyte HD 7970 windforce that will not post in an R3

Spoke to dell tec support today and was told

"there will be NO bios updates for the R3"

I personally think this is criminal. My comp is less than 2 years old and they are no longer supporting it.

I am not a happy chappy

0 Kudos
sam6969
2 Bronze

You might wanna try rolling back to earlier vbios using a friend machine or if you have 2nd machine! I have 7950 GB wind force with older vbios. I avoided flashing to newer one cause I knew R3 will not work with it.
0 Kudos
Nollcraft
2 Bronze

RE: ATI Radeon 7970 OC will not work in Aurora R3

I have the same issue with a r3 and a powercolor 7950 Boost. I had to pull it and replace it with a 660TI.  Dell refuses to acknowledge it is an issue and will not update the bios. Very disappointed with Dell and powercolor.

0 Kudos
sam6969
2 Bronze

To my surprise,a reference  R9 290 sapphire worked out of the box with zero issues on Aurora R3! But at this point it's a matter of luck some cards will work and others won't. 

0 Kudos
sam6969
2 Bronze

7970 worked just fine on r3. The issue is mostly with newer vbios especially boost versions are not fully compatible with r3 bios. if you can, roll back to earlier version of vbios from manufacturer site. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Felicia85
1 Copper

Hi, I'm an owner of Aurora R3, I know about the issue with the old BIOS...I've installed a Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-x and a Sapphire R9 280X Toxic on my Aurora R3 with no issue (I just had to do a clear CMOS for the 1st run, then the PC has worked fine).

I just had some issue with the Toxic one (you can see one of my video here: [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgKCmHSXZ3E:259:265] )

and I really want to buy the Gigabyte GTX 770 4 GB GV-N770OC-4GD.

Perfectevo seems to have installed it with no problem, am I right? I just want to ask you which pin you used to power the 770 (P14+p15?)

Many thanks!

0 Kudos