Sansspaceship
1 Copper

AW13 Re install Windows 7 Pro

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Thought i would reach out to the AW Community as have an AW13 machine with Pro support but after almost 2 weeks and probably 15 hours with tech support and 4 dispatches .... getting to my limit and can't believe the issues i am having trying to load windows 7 via USB.

Background

Bios A04

HDD Liteon CV3-8D (new replaced under warranty) but in Australia they cant load the OS for some reason,  so it is blank.

Trying to install OS via Dell USB thumb drive

ERROR

Gets to the windows install, i.e. just past the selection of key board and then spits up a driver error - A required CD/DVD device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, cd, dvd, or usb flash drive, please insert now.

Things tried

Changing Boot list from legacy to uefi

Disabling legacy roms

3 x different usb windows 7 thumb drives

Tried putting some drivers on a second usb, but the browse function doesn't locate.

Left to try - installation via a dvd drive - currently have one being sent to me.

But really want to get this moving, so happy to try anything.

Cheers,

.adrian

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sansspaceship
1 Copper

RE: AW13 Re install Windows 7 Pro

Jump to solution

Hi All,

This can be closed, have given up and purchased another laptop...... never again!

Probably should have posted to the forum earlier to give a greater chance for someone to reply; but the machine is used for work and can't afford the loss of time.

Cheers,

.adrian

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sansspaceship
1 Copper

RE: AW13 Re install Windows 7 Pro

Jump to solution

Hi All,

This can be closed, have given up and purchased another laptop...... never again!

Probably should have posted to the forum earlier to give a greater chance for someone to reply; but the machine is used for work and can't afford the loss of time.

Cheers,

.adrian

0 Kudos