Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 30th, 2013 02:00

Active Thermal temperature

i found my computer to be producing quite a lot of heat under my table; I tried to find the temmperature in my command center active thermal, but the temperatures don't appear to be right. they either show 0 or 65 degrees celcius.

5756.temp.PNG

1.8K Posts

April 30th, 2013 07:00

Hi tomatomatomato,

The sensors are controlled by the MIO-board. Please follow the steps provided below to dissipate any static electricity from the machine:

1. Shutdown the computer.
2. Unplug the powercord from the wall.
3. Remove all the peripherals connected to the back panel, if it is a Desktop and the battery, if it is a laptop.
4. Press and hold the Power button for 20 seconds and release it.
5. Reconnect all the peripherals and power on the computer.

Please check if the temperatures are detected properly in Command Center. Reinstall Command Center if the steps provided fails to fix the issue and let me know if you need further assistance.

17 Posts

May 3rd, 2013 12:00

My R4 does this all the time, had an engineer come and replace the MIO-board and it did NOT fix the problem!

1.8K Posts

May 4th, 2013 17:00

Hi TommyDon,

I suggest you to update the BIOS, re-install Command Center and check if the temperatures are detected properly. You may also try the steps provided in the above post.

Please let me know about your findings.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 4th, 2013 19:00

i found my computer to be producing quite a lot of heat under my table; I tried to find the temmperature in my command center active thermal, but the temperatures don't appear to be right. they either show 0 or 65 degrees celcius.

For Command Center to be showing System Fan rpms (instead of just "Running") ... looks like a pretty old version. What version is it?

Do NOT attempt to upgrade it from inside the program itself.

445 Posts

May 4th, 2013 22:00

What is the latest version? Mine is 2.8.9.0 and my bios is A07 and it shows the temp and fan speed both.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 4th, 2013 23:00

What is the latest version? Mine is 2.8.9.0 and my bios is A07 and it shows the temp and fan speed both.

Sorry, ignore my last post. It should show System Fan rpms and that the Pump is "Running". The old version showed Pump rpms instead.

I'm not sure what the latest version is, but I'm also running v2.8.9.0

445 Posts

May 5th, 2013 07:00

Thanks. It looks like the 2.8.9.0 is the latest.

17 Posts

May 5th, 2013 09:00

This is a brand new PC.

I have re-installed command centre and have had a new M-IO board installed by a dell engineer.

1.8K Posts

May 7th, 2013 17:00

Hi TommyDon,

Thank you for your reply. I suggest you to remove any static electricity from the laptop by following the steps provided below:

1. Shutdown the laptop.
2. Remove the battery and AC Adapter.
3. Press and hold the Power button for 20 seconds and release it.
4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
5. Power on the laptop and check if the values are detected properly.

Please let me know about your findings.

2.4K Posts

May 7th, 2013 17:00

This is a brand new PC.

I have re-installed command centre and have had a new M-IO board installed by a dell engineer.

Hello TommyDon 

There is nothing wrong with your system. This issue has been around for years and happens to many people even me from time to time. All you need to do when this happens is follow the steps DELL-Rajath N posted. Just pull the power cable and hold the power button down for about 10sec. This will reset it and having it working again.

1 Message

May 7th, 2013 18:00

So by your logic my computer can't be used ever for anything but rebooting in a eternal loop...; best 3500USD I've spent ever...8=D~ guess I'm screwed.

17 Posts

May 9th, 2013 14:00

"Thank you for your reply. I suggest you to remove any static electricity from the laptop by following the steps provided below:

1. Shutdown the laptop.
2. Remove the battery and AC Adapter.
3. Press and hold the Power button for 20 seconds and release it.
4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
5. Power on the laptop and check if the values are detected properly.

Please let me know about your findings."

Firstly this is a desktop and not a laptop. The "power dissipation fix" is something I have done more times than I care to remember in the two weeks since I got this new build, it is only a temporary solution and not a permanent one. However thank you for your help, I have been in contact with Dell and they are taking care of it now.

"There is nothing wrong with your system. This issue has been around for years and happens to many people even me from time to time. All you need to do when this happens is follow the steps DELL-Rajath N posted. Just pull the power cable and hold the power button down for about 10sec. This will reset it and having it working again."

Ok, appreciate your input but this is a brand new build, it happens every other boot and this quick fix is not a permanent solution. If it happened from time to time or was an old computer I probably wouldn't be so bother however it is brand new and to be honest its totally unacceptable!

"So by your logic my computer can't be used ever for anything but rebooting in a eternal loop...; best 3500USD I've spent ever...8=D~ guess I'm screwed."

Don't you just love spending that much money on something that doesn't work properly?

No Events found!