DanaB1559
1 Nickel

After BSOD my scroll/num lock are blinking and cap lock light is solid on

My computer crashed and I received the bsod. After restarting the scroll light and num lights are blinking and the caps light is solid on. It takes forever to boot up and when running programs the curser freezes up and just spins for about a minute or more. This happens ever few minutes. Before the crash everything worked fine. I have gone through all the diagnostics in the support assist program with no errors other than the battery is dead.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: After BSOD my scroll/num lock are blinking and cap lock light is solid on

Hi, 

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system to check the main hardware components, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let us know if you receive any errors. Also, can you please confirm your Alienware model name/revision?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
DanaB1559
1 Nickel

My laptop is a M17X r3. I ran the diagnostics and received an error code 0413 / msg: error code 2000-0413 / msg: cables - lcd cable not detected. All other problems still exist.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

That error comes up in the test if you do not hit "Yes" when it asks about the color bars, no need to worry about that. In Support Assist, there is an option called BSOD troubleshooter, check if you have any information there regarding the BSODs, like an error code or driver name. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
DanaB1559
1 Nickel

The "unknown" driver (c:\windows\system32\drivers\videoprt.sys) appears to have caused a system crash.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Try reinstalling both the Intel and NVidia/AMD drivers, you can download the drivers from the Dell support site. To uninstall the drivers, go to Device Manager, under Display Adapters. Right click each driver and select the "Uninstall" option.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos