Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 14th, 2013 06:00

Alieanware M17X breakdown

hi, I am an oversea student studying in Sydney right now, please forgive my bad English. My laptop is totally breakdown, somehow I just can not access the windows system, I even tried to reinstall the system but it just stuck while in progress. Maybe something goes wrong with the hardware? I have no idea what to do,please help.

2.2K Posts

March 14th, 2013 07:00

Hi waitungNG,

Welcome to the Community.

I would suggest you to run diagnostics on the computer which will isolate the issue. Unplug the power cable. Press and hold power button for 10 seconds. Plugin the power cable and turn on the system. Tap F12 key to access One Time Boot Menu. Highlight Boot to Utility Partition or diagnostics and hit Enter to start the diagnostics.

It will start the diagnostics to check if there is any hardware issue.

For error codes, refer to the link mentioned below:

http://dell.to/12IFoz8

If the diagnostics pass, let me know on which screen the installation stops for windows.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

2.2K Posts

March 14th, 2013 09:00

Hi waitungNG,

Thank you for the replying and providing picture as well.

2000-0142 indicates issue with the hard drive, I would suggest you hard drive replacement for the system to function properly.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

4 Posts

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried the diagnostics and it shows that something wrong with the hard drive. I took a picture and attach it, please have a look. What should I do next?1261.IMAG0718.jpg

4 Posts

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried the diagnostics and it shows that something wrong with the hard drive. I took a picture and attach it, please have a look. What should I do next?3718.IMAG0718.jpg

4 Posts

March 14th, 2013 10:00

Thanks, I have one last question, do I need to replace both hard drive, or just hard drive 0 ? From the picture I dont see a tick on hard drive 1, what does it means?

2.2K Posts

March 14th, 2013 11:00

Hi waitungNG,

I would suggest you to continue the test by selecting yes. It will perform test on hard drive 1 as well. If the test on the hard drive 1 fails, both the hard drive need replacement.

If the test on hard drive 1 pass, hard drive 0 needs replacement.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

No Events found!