Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2011 05:00

Alien Sense Facial recognition problem

My facial recognition on my M15X works great most of the time and logs me in no problem, but every now and then it just completly forgets who I am and wants to start at the beggining again like when I first got the system. Says enter your username and password to get started etc. And all those weeks of training it with my face get wasted, and i have to do it all again. Happens every couple of weeks.

Any one else experience this? And if so is there a fix?

Thanks

211 Posts

June 12th, 2011 08:00

Actually what you're seeing is quite normal and correct. The good news is that it's definitely not "wasting" or losing past training...it's simply learning more.

FastAccess (AlienSense) will recognize you the majority of the time, but never 100% of the time. This is standard for all good biometrics. The benefit with FastAccess is that when you are occasionally not recognized and need to enter your password (and it sounds VERY occasional for you which is definitely good), entering your password not only allows access to Windows, but will also add more version of what you look like to the database, thereby allowing FastAccess to keep up with appearance and environment changes AND to improve it's future performance.

Check out the Sensible Vision online knowledgebase (sorry - I can't post the direct link here but it's available through our Support page) for additional details on how recognition and the learning algorithm work.

30 Posts

June 12th, 2011 11:00

Ok but its not saying its not recognisig, it doesnt turn red and say enter your detail as it cant pick me up, this came up before i even sat down, just came straight up with enter details to start using aliensense, then when you do, the window pops up in windows, talking about getting started and would you like to setup now. Im pretty sure that should only happen when you first use it.

211 Posts

June 13th, 2011 08:00

So it sounds like you're seeing more of a "first use wizard" after login? Yes, that would be unusual if I'm understanding you correctly. Perhaps you could contact me directly through the Sensible Vision website so I could help you explore in further detail. I would be happy, of course, to share anything that we learn back here on the forum if you wish to.

35 Posts

November 17th, 2011 16:00

As I mentioned above, the need to login manually on occasion is actually quite normal. Recognition will get better with use, but will NEVER be 100%. When you login with your password, AlienSense acquires more versions of how you look. This is how it can keep up with appearance and environmental changes without sacrificing recognition accuracy.

1 Message

November 17th, 2011 16:00

Hello, I have the problem too, the first 10 months my AlienSense worked pretty good but since about 2 months It has completely forgotten my face like 3 times, It's really annoying. I don't understand why, could you help me? or have a solution? Thanks in advance,

greetings from Venezuela.

1 Message

December 12th, 2011 23:00

Ok I have a problem with my sense, rather than show a image of my face it has a blank white screen in the box where my face is suppose to be?

M11xR2 

35 Posts

December 13th, 2011 06:00

This is an optional setting. On the login screen if you hover your mouse of the area with the video window, a button called "Display" will appear in the upper left. Clicking it will cycle through normal video, blurred video, and blank video. You're probably on blank. 

No Events found!