Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2010 12:00

AlienFX error on Win 7 64 bit

I get this message when logging into my system after a restart:

System.Management.ManagementException: Provider load failure
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
   at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.HidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewCommunicationService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled command center.  It only started after I selected enhanced themes.

14 Posts

February 28th, 2012 09:00

Should'nt this be a ? They should honor the problem and give free replacement. We didn't do any intentional damage to the machine, its their disk and their software. .

27 Posts

February 28th, 2012 10:00

Hate to tell you, but it is the older version of CC on the Resource DVD that is causing the problem.  Microsoft didn't with the program and they didn't ship it out with the computers.  Dell did and they know about the problem.

9 Posts

I've never used the dvd and still have problems. My motherboard is fine, new hard drive and windows 7 install ruined the lights for me.

14 Posts

Thats all they can do, delete the posts. The amount we pay for a top of the line product, we should get the same quality service with it. It seems like dell doesnt care about their reputation anymore. Thats the reason more people are switching over to Mac. My email address is <ADMIN NOTE :Email id removed per privacy policy>. I will stay in touch.

27 Posts

How did you CC on the new hard drive?

9 Posts

Does anyone think it's microsofts fault? It does have to do with .NET framework. Either way dell should fix it. Like a car recall.

27 Posts

February 28th, 2012 11:00

When you go to the device manager is there a unknow USB device that is failed?

9 Posts

I had to stand on one leg.  Lol! Down load from dell.

2 Posts

Same thing happened to me, Dells solution was to buy the warranty for a month, then buy a replacement motherboard  and I/O board, so basically I would have to spend around 600 just to get it fixed.... But instead of doing that and wasting my money, I decided to sell my alienware on craigslist and ebay, I specified the problem with the lights not working, set it at a decent price and I was able to sell it immediately, I only ended up losing $300 from the original price I paid for it. From there, I did what any   off alienware user does, buy the rival company's laptop. Ended up buying an ASUS g53, it was for around the same price of my old, dated alienware but this ASUS has top of the line parts installed in it, I've had it for about 2 months and I've had absolutely no issues with it, and I'm so glad I switched to ASUS. This laptop may not look as cool as the Alienware, but the performance, customer service, and overall feel kills my old alienware. . By doing so, Alienware will start to lose customers, which may push their workers to come up with better solutions to fix the problems in a more customer friendly way... Like many of you have already said, " it's not our fault for a faulty laptop which decides to   out on us whether reinstalling Windows 7 or using the Resource Disk." That is NOT our fault so I feel that Dell needs to go back to the design board and do something reasonable with this issue. I refuse to be pushed around by Dell, and I feel that my best way of getting even is by boycotting their products and getting an ASUS. I basically and I have never been happier since ;)

27 Posts

I sent an email to the CEO and CFO of Dell about the problem.  I bet they don't even know about the problem.   Can't wait to see if they even respond.

27 Posts

February 28th, 2012 12:00

U47 on the mother board has to be replaced.  It is a Silicon Labs USB Microcontroller P/N:  C8051F347.

14 Posts

@ sjmadd

Have you replaced it and did it work for you?

14 Posts

There are two different parts for it, which one is it?

search.digikey.com/.../dksus.dll

27 Posts

Some post back I stated that I have ordered the part and it sould be in by the end of the week.  I will replace it and if it works I will post procedures so that anyone should be able to get the job done.  I spent $30.00 on the part and the SMD removal kit.

27 Posts

Digikey part#:  336-1305-ND

No Events found!