8 Krypton

Re: AlienFX error on Win 7 64 bit

There are two different parts for it, which one is it?

search.digikey.com/.../dksus.dll

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Some post back I stated that I have ordered the part and it sould be in by the end of the week.  I will replace it and if it works I will post procedures so that anyone should be able to get the job done.  I spent $30.00 on the part and the SMD removal kit.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Digikey part#:  336-1305-ND

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Thank you so much. Please do let us know if it works.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

The email to the CEO worked.  I got a call from Dell Corporate and they are sending a tech to put a new mother board in my laptop.  I think I'm in shock.  But at least Dell came through for me.  I just hope they do the same for the rest of the people that this has happened to.  In the mean time I will still try and fix the current mother board and post the results.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Thats good news, how long did it take for them to call you and how long has it been without warranty?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

They called me the same day.  A matter of 3 to 4 hours.  My warranty exp. last September.  After this pain I may get an extended one.  Not sure yet.

0 Kudos
kjlundgren
6 Indium

Just sent my own email, we'll see.

0 Kudos
Loving_Angel
1 Copper

Sorry to be such a pleb BUT....

Have driven myself NEARLY mad researching SIMILAR problem.

MY LIGHTS WORK BUT..... I get this error:
System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
   at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.StartHidDeviceInsertedWatcher()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.AlienFXDeviceDiscoveryService.RegisterForDevicesEvents()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceDiscovery()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewAlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.get_AlienFXDeviceRepository()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.ObjectFactory.NewCommunicationService()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
   at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

at bootup....have Dell STITCHED ME UP TOO?!

Sorry to be so blunt.

Other info, M17x approx. 3+yrs old, Win7 64, uninstalled Norton, rebooted...lights on, FXController BROKEN.

Numerous attempts at restoring .net etc. (but don't ACTUALLY understand WHY....apologies)

USED to build systems in excess of ten yrs back, before PCI-E, so VERY SLIGHTLY out of my depth (ok, DROWNING! HELP! PRETTY PLEASE!!)

Many thanks. WILL REPLY TO ANY ADVICE GIVEN (except very rude advice..... 😛 !!!  )

THANK YOU......

Falls to floor, exhausted and at end of TETHER!!

Angel

0 Kudos