Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2013 01:00

AlienFX not responding with Advanced - ColorWheel theme

I received my new Alienware 14 recently, and I noticed the AlienFX isn't working properly whenever I boot my laptop with the Advanced - ColorWheel theme as the last setting. Only a few of the regions would light up (Alienware wording below screen, some areas under the keyboard, and left hand side of the laptop), and color "looping" doesn't occur. The AlienFX icon on taskbar has red eyes, and usually takes long time to respond to right click, a few options is greyed or not available. Changes in AlienFX is saved but lighting state stays the same.

If I change the theme to another (I tried Advanced - Valentine, and a few other basic ones), shut down the system completely, then boot it up, AlienFX continues to function as normal again. If I change the theme to Advance - ColorWheel again, it will function as normal but once I did a reboot, the same problems occur again.

Need advices, thanks.

July 30th, 2013 03:00

Hi Soathon,

It is unfortunate that the AlienFX is not working while configuring themes, I’d suggest you to try the below mentioned steps.

1. Shut down the computer and remove any external devices connected like (Printer, Scanner, USB, External HDD)

2. Since the computer is OFF and nothing is connected, Press and hold the Power button for a minute which will release the flee power present inside the computer

3. Power ON the computer and uninstall the Command Center, by getting on Control Panel and highlight Command Center and Uninstall it

4. Restart the computer and click on the below link to download the latest version of Command Center Software.

http://dell.to/17QGF6X

Restart the computer once the Installation is completed and try configuring the color schemes and let us know if any issues.

2 Posts

July 30th, 2013 02:00

Seems like I was wrong, after having Valentine theme set for awhile, after I did my reboot, that problem occurs again.

No Events found!