Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

August 10th, 2017 10:00

AlienFX on Alpha with new Alienware Keyboard and Mouse

I have an Alienware Alpha R1 and I just purchased the Pro Keyboard and Mouse.  Since setting it up, I can no longer get in game alienfx to work.  In addition to this, I can't get the Alpha's Command Center to launch as well.  I do have access to the keyboard and mouse Command Center but the lighting won't change in game with titles like Guild Wars 2 and Shadow of Mordor.  Is there a solution for this?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 10th, 2017 13:00

Hi Composero‌,

Check this article.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 10th, 2017 14:00

Be sure the option to "Allow 3rd Party AlienFX Access" is Enabled.

18 Posts

August 10th, 2017 16:00

This option has already been turned on with no effect since I have attached the keyboard and mouse.  If I unplug them, then I can use AlienFX on my alpha just fine.  It's just weird that there is a compatibility issue.

18 Posts

August 10th, 2017 17:00

I reinstalled the drivers which seemed to bring back the Alpha's AW Command Center.  However none of products will use the AlienFX in-game while the keyboard and mouse are plugged in.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 11th, 2017 09:00

You said: the lighting won't change in game with titles like Guild Wars 2 and Shadow of Mordor... Does it works with other games?

18 Posts

August 11th, 2017 10:00

I have tried a few other titles and there are no visible changes. I have also tried Pay Day 2 and Mass Effect 3.  The Alpha will change lights if I reboot and if the keyboard and mouse are not plugged in, but otherwise it is a no go.

18 Posts

August 11th, 2017 19:00

Update:  Restarted computer and manually opened AW Control Center (Alpha Variant) and launched Shadow of Mordor and it works... keyboard, mouse and alpha all sync up together.  Tried Guild Wars 2 and for some reason it does not on that application.

No Events found!