Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2017 02:00

AlienFx lights not working well

Hi there,

I have my AW 15 R2 for 3 moths, when I press the power button the keyboard lights take longer time than usual and the alien head light still off, I tried the alienFx tester and the alien head goes on but the light color refuses to change from Command Center. I tried the following but the issue still exists:

1- I disconnected the battery and pressed the power button for about 20 seconds.

2- I uninstalled the Command Center and installed it again,

Please help

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2017 10:00

Hi,

Follow the troubleshooting steps on this article, also, for the re-installation part, follow ALL the steps on the video "Video: Alienware: Reinstall Alienware Command Center":

www.dell.com/.../SLN128904

Let me know!

7 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 12:00

Thanks for your reply, however I did all the steps in the video but unfortunately the issue still exists. Any other solutions?

7 Posts

January 4th, 2017 14:00

Bios ver. 1.3.9

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 4th, 2017 14:00

You're welcome, which Bios version are you running with the system?

7 Posts

January 6th, 2017 02:00

Can I go back to the older version??

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 6th, 2017 15:00

No, you can't go to an older version.

Try the other troubleshooting steps on this article:

www.dell.com/.../SLN128904

7 Posts

January 6th, 2017 17:00

There are no other steps in the article but using the tester and remove and reinstall Alienware command center and already did that

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 9th, 2017 14:00

What about the Dimmed or No Lights section?

7 Posts

January 9th, 2017 14:00

what should I do? they are marked as shown in the link. I still have the alien head light off till I use the tester and the whole keyboard lights go on after windows logon not when I press the power as before.

May 1st, 2017 21:00

I'm having this exact problem. I've run the CC tester and the alien head lights on, but once the test is done it come backs to the same as before.  

May 9th, 2017 09:00

Please let me know if you've had any luck fixing this :/

May 9th, 2017 09:00

Same problem. Been having it since 4 months now. Here is some of the details in points:

• My LEDs wont light up at boot like usual
  • They take a long time to turn on, post login
  • AlienFX disables almost instantly, but enabling them takes a while for the LEDs to light up
  • The Alien Head (Zone 1) does not light up unless you use AlienFX Tester which shows it to be working perfectly.
  • I reinstalled Alienware Command Center, but nothing happened
  • I was told to do a Power Drain, but it didn't work
  • I was told to reinstall Windows, but I didn't do it
  • Also changing the brightness via Control center doesn't work anymore

Please think of something other than returning the machine for repairs

May 12th, 2017 23:00

I'm getting the exact same issue. I've followed the instructions and reinstalled command center, repaired command center, and the only thing that works to bring all the lights on properly is the tester which is both annoying to have to utilize on every startup and a bit clunky. Any assistance you can render would be greatly appreciated. 

15 Posts

May 14th, 2017 21:00

I seem to have this same issue, but in conjunction with something bigger that can't be figure out as of yet. I find that restarting it often solves the problem (may take a few restarts).

May 14th, 2017 23:00

I should probably also add that when I turn the computer on it does not light up. I do get the alien fx head in the system tray on the right of the task bar; the system seems to think it is operating properly because when you right-click that little icon it will give you the option to "go dark" even though the lights are off. I have to make the command center "go dark" from the tray on the right of the task bar then "go light" again to have the majority of the lights come on. The hotkeys on the left turn on if you cycle them but there's no way to turn the alien head on without the tester. I've also tried the multiple restarts suggested since my initial post. That method unfortunately produced no fruit for me.

No Events found!