Re: AlienFx lights not working well

I'm having this exact problem. I've run the CC tester and the alien head lights on, but once the test is done it come backs to the same as before.  

0 Kudos
Heavensdown
1 Nickel

Same problem. Been having it since 4 months now. Here is some of the details in points:

• My LEDs wont light up at boot like usual
  • They take a long time to turn on, post login
  • AlienFX disables almost instantly, but enabling them takes a while for the LEDs to light up
  • The Alien Head (Zone 1) does not light up unless you use AlienFX Tester which shows it to be working perfectly.
  • I reinstalled Alienware Command Center, but nothing happened
  • I was told to do a Power Drain, but it didn't work
  • I was told to reinstall Windows, but I didn't do it
  • Also changing the brightness via Control center doesn't work anymore

Please think of something other than returning the machine for repairs

0 Kudos
Heavensdown
1 Nickel

Please let me know if you've had any luck fixing this :/

0 Kudos
GuitarGuy117
1 Copper

I'm getting the exact same issue. I've followed the instructions and reinstalled command center, repaired command center, and the only thing that works to bring all the lights on properly is the tester which is both annoying to have to utilize on every startup and a bit clunky. Any assistance you can render would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Cozzie_chov
1 Nickel

I seem to have this same issue, but in conjunction with something bigger that can't be figure out as of yet. I find that restarting it often solves the problem (may take a few restarts).

0 Kudos
GuitarGuy117
1 Copper

I should probably also add that when I turn the computer on it does not light up. I do get the alien fx head in the system tray on the right of the task bar; the system seems to think it is operating properly because when you right-click that little icon it will give you the option to "go dark" even though the lights are off. I have to make the command center "go dark" from the tray on the right of the task bar then "go light" again to have the majority of the lights come on. The hotkeys on the left turn on if you cycle them but there's no way to turn the alien head on without the tester. I've also tried the multiple restarts suggested since my initial post. That method unfortunately produced no fruit for me.

0 Kudos
Cozzie_chov
1 Nickel

I wonder if there is just a bad batch of 15 r2s. This post is probably the second or third I've come across with people having issues with them. 

0 Kudos
GuitarGuy117
1 Copper

I'm inclined to think that its a software issue rather than a hardware issue as the tester is able to work all lights properly. So they just need to fix the command center program's startup procedures and we should be A-okay again hopefully.

0 Kudos
Cozzie_chov
1 Nickel

For me its definitely software, as the epsa test didnt find anything

0 Kudos
Highlighted
redvil
1 Copper

hi guys any solution to this problem?

0 Kudos