Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2017 18:00

Alienware 13 R3 - Cracking/Popping sound coming from the speakers and/or headphones.

So I received the new Alienware 13 R3 a few days ago. There is a popping/cracking sound coming from the speakers every time I open(or minimize) an application with sound such as: Premiere Pro CC, Google Chrome, or Explorer. 

After speaking with an Alienware expert/technician for over an hour, the issue could not be solved. He installed the Realtek HD Audio Driver and restarted the computer around eight times

The sound is noticeable and comes through the speakers and through the headphones when connected(primarily from the left speaker). This can possibly tell us that is not an issue with the speakers. IT is more likely that is related with the sound card, the audio driver, or something else. 

I'm not an expert, just a customer whose whose first experience with an Alienware system has not been as expected for a system of this category and price. I really like the laptop, and I wish is something relatively simple to solve, but I cannot tolerate this distracting(and not normal) cracking/popping sound. 

The issue is persistent and I'm still waiting for Alienware to contact me and give me an accurate possible solution to this problem. Or if I have no other option than to return the system.

Are you experiencing the same issue?

Thank you for you response.

UPDATE: This issue has been escalated to the "L3 Engineering Department so they can further investigate it" and provide with a fix to this issue.

They will respond in the next 24/48 hours. I"ll keep this post updated.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2017 10:00

Hi,

We are sorry that the experience was not as expected. If you are already working with techsupport, wait for their resolution and if you still need help after, send me a private message with the service tag.

January 2nd, 2017 18:00

I have the same problem.

Edit: Downloading and installing the realtek audio driver on the support page seems to actually have fixed the problem for me. They are older than the ones I had.

No Events found!