Highlighted
Z05M
1 Nickel

Alienware 13 R3 OLED 7 Beeps during Boot Blank Screen

Hello all,

I have a 2017/Alienware R3 OLED with the 7700HQ/M.2 256GB+M.2 Samsung 950 512GB with 16GB RAM.  

I have had the laptop for just barely 2 months and just this evening I went to boot it and I heard 7 Beeps with a blank screen and it just keeps on repeating itself.  No Logo or BIOS msgs.  Just a Blank screen.  Is there any fix for this (I was reading about 7 Beeps and CPU issues but fixes seems to be vague).  

Can someone please help or is my best course of action to call for service.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

RE: Alienware 13 R3 OLED 7 Beeps during Boot Blank Screen

Hi,

This started due to a BIOS upgrade?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Z05M
1 Nickel

Yes it did.  The latest BIOS Upgrade.  The Upgrade completed and then the Laptop Rebooted and screen remained blank.  Nothing was happeneing for around 15 minutes so I powered down and then back up and Then I got the 7 Beeps.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Send me a private message with the service tag, so I can assist you further.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Cocon
1 Copper

Re: Alienware 13 R3 OLED 7 Beeps during Boot Blank Screen

I have a problem too. Please help me.

0 Kudos
Cocon
1 Copper

I have the same problem. Please help me.

0 Kudos
Bhaz413
1 Copper

I am having the exact same issue. How can it is this?

0 Kudos
Bhaz413
1 Copper

Were you able to fix it?  I did the bios update as well, and now I am in the same boat.  Black Screen, 7 beeps.  I have a return mailer being sent to me from dell since its under warrenty, but would like to avoid that whole fandagle and fix it.

0 Kudos
jdog85222
1 Copper

I had that same problem updating my bios as well and it bricked the motherboard had to send mine in for a new motherboard thankfully it was still under warranty

0 Kudos