Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 13th, 2015 22:00

Alienware 13 (late 2014) wake from bluetooth

Hi everyone! New to the Alienware club and so far i'm loving my new 13! However i was pretty bummed that i can't wake my laptop up with a bluetooth device (mouse/keyboard)... i wanted to keep the lid closed on my desk and use a bluetooth keyboard and all (no wires! :D) but it wont wake the machine up. My machine is equipped with the killer wifi/bluetooth combo card any thoughts or ideas? If you can recommend a replacement card that has solid performance and Bluetooth 4.0 with wake functionality i will take that too :)

Thanks fellow Alienware fans!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 14th, 2015 14:00

Hello and welcome to the Alienware family. 

If you go to device manager, your Bluetooth device should be listed there, maybe under the keyboard category. Once you locate it in device manager, double click on the device to open the properties window. There should be a tab called "power management". Under this tab, look for an option called "Allow this device to wake the computer" and make sure its checked. Then restart the system and test the Bluetooth keyboard/mouse to see if it allows you to wake the computer. 

Please let me know how it goes.  

5 Posts

May 14th, 2015 18:00

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I did check the bluetooth adapter as well as the bluetooth keyboard both of which show the option but it's greyed out. That's why i was wondering if there is a card that any one can recommend that does support it. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 15th, 2015 12:00

Can you also please check in the Bios under the "Advanced" menu and look for an option called "USB wake support"  and if its disabled, try enabling it. Test the Bluetooth device to check if it works after this, its possible that this option will enable the "Allow this device to wake computer" in device manager, check this option again to see if its still grayed out. Let me know how it goes.

5 Posts

May 15th, 2015 12:00

Hello I went into the bios and it was disabled so i turned it on and did another reboot. I then checked the device properties again in windows and the option to wake is still grayed out. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 19th, 2015 10:00

Hi, 

Unfortunately, those are the only options that we know of that could enable this feature. This could mean that this feature was not included for this system. 

No Events found!