Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

March 4th, 2015 18:00

Alienware 13 touchpad driver

Anyone else having issues getting any driver other than the standard windows driver to work with the touchpad?  Dell has one on the support website that says it's for win 8.1, but it doesn't work.  Have spent several hours with multiple departments.  I am getting the run around usually ending with my call getting dropped after being on the phone for over 2 hours.  Has anyone tried a driver from another company?  Really getting annoyed, thinking I should have bought from another company.

March 22nd, 2015 11:00

Have you gotten any resolution to this? My Alienware 13 doesn't have any touchpad configuration options either. They Synaptics driver from Dell's downloads page installs (i.e. puts files on my computer) but does not actually load or activate on my system. Windows is just using generic Microsoft drivers for the touchpad.

7 Posts

June 7th, 2015 20:00

No, I never have.  At this point I'm pretty sure it will never happen.  Last time I buy anything from Dell, ever!

7 Posts

June 7th, 2015 21:00

No, I've called multiple times, and they don't have an answer.  It seems that the people at dell didn't actually test the driver they released.  I've tried every one I can find on the support site that says it's for the 13.  None of them work at all.  So now my 13 sits in the corner, I only use it when I have no other choice.  This has been a HUGE was of money.  Lesson learned

No Events found!