Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2016 16:00

Alienware 14 AlienFX no lights coming up

hey I came home today and saw that none of the lights on my Alienware were lighting up on my laptop.  I've had it a few years now and everything worked fine last night.  I work in the tech field as a project manager so I'm by far not technology challenged.  uninstalled command center, restarted, reinstalled command center, restarted and still won't come up.  I get error message below when attempting to go to it

The device you have selected is included in the current theme but AlienFX cannot detect this device on your system.  Do you want to remove this device from the current theme?

it doesn't matter if I hit yes or no or anything.  I have .net framework 4 already installed (I run Windows 10).  No major updates were done and I can't system restore back to yesterday because there are no restore points to go back past 10 days (stupid Windows 10 only allowing 10 days from the current day)...

Any other ideas? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 1st, 2016 23:00

Not sure if that model has a real (micro-controller based) MIO-Board or if it's software only like newer machines.

Try removing AC-Power and run battery. Press Power Button a few times to dissipate all power. Try it an hour later.

No Events found!