Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2016 04:00

Alienware 14 Battery not charging

Hi,

I have read some of the previous posts about batteries but I can't seem to get this one to work. It was fine, I went on holidays and left it unplugged from the laptop and the power. Then cam back after a week and now it says plugged in and not charging. I think this laptop is about 2 years old. For the cost of this laptop and only basic general use and hardly any gaming as my son doesn't want it anymore, my daughters Mac has been better performing as I had to replace and install a SSD as it crashed last year.

So I have tried unplugging, leaving it on over night etc, but nothing seems to work. Is there a way I can definitely find out it is the charger and not the internal battery? I can't remove the battery without removing the backing as it is not a removerable battery.

Any suggestions would be great before it costs me more money.

thanks

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

February 4th, 2016 13:00

Hi, 

If you have more than 10% charge left on the battery, try flashing the Bios to the latest version (if you already have the latest Bios version, there is no need to do this). Click here to download the latest Bios firmware. Also, try doing a power drain. Follow the steps below to do a power drain. 

• Turn the system off and disconnect the AC adapter. 
  • Disconnect the battery (refer to this video for disconnecting the battery).
  • Disconnect all external devices (USB devices, headsets, external monitors, etc.).
  • Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Connect everything again and turn on the system.

No Events found!