Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2014 11:00

Alienware 14 Hard drive detecting issues.

My Alienware 14 laptop has been having issues detecting the hard drive, this issue started about 2 weeks ago, i initially thought it was just a random issue but then for the past 3 days it has been serious, i ran a diagnostic and it gave me an error code which i checked online here at the website and it showed this "Critical errors must be addressed immediately. Other diagnostics may be affected by these errors. Please follow the steps below to resolve your diagnostic results. You should run the diagnostics again once the critical issues have been resolved." then below it asked me to input my shipping information so they can send me a free replacement for the faulty hard-drive since i am still under the warranty.. i have been trying to fill in my shipping info but i keep getting errors when i get to the third step which is the ship out stage..

please i need help asap, it weakens my heart to see that a laptop which i spent so much on could start giving me issues within the first 3-4 months of purchase, i hope i did not make the wrong choice getting an alienware, this is my first experience with alienware, i have used other dell products.

Regards

Faithful dell customer.

• 

2.7K Posts

September 2nd, 2014 15:00

In that case it will be better to get the error code and contact the technical support site in your country so they can help you and if you live in US or Canada you can send me a PM with your service tag and a brief description of the problem so I can help you. 

14 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 22:00

how do i pm you milena? also one of the major problems i am facing is the fact that i am in a third world country "Nigeria" but since the hardware issue requires dell replacing the damaged hard drive, i can provide a frds address which they can ship to in the usa, and he will ship to me...when the issue starts and i put on my laptop, it shows "check your cable connection! no boot device to load from" after the alienware startup..then sometimes after hours of bending the laptop it might detect the hard drive, right now  it's working......customers in africa deserve the same quality of service given to those in the USA, i find it disappointing to see that there's no ship option for us in nigeria, anyway i am ready to provide a frds address in the usa, who would receive on my behalf and send to me.

kidnly revert asap

1.8K Posts

September 9th, 2014 16:00

To send a PM, click the name in blue and then select the option that says Send a Private Message.

No Events found!