Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2014 21:00

Alienware 14 - Integrated Graphics Not Detected in BIOS

Recently my NVidia graphic card was not detected in bios and also in device manager, so i contacted to dell and they replaced my motherboard (NVidia is build in motherboard). Now i can see my NVidia card in my system. But original window 8 still give me blue screen error (VIDEO FATAL ERROR) and when the pc is restarted, NVidia is also gone. But i can see again when i shutdown and power on again. So, i use my own window 8.1 and everything is still ok now except for two errors. 

First one is that my intel hd graphic is gone and not detected in BIOS. I dont want to run on NVidia card all the time.

Second one is that i cannot install my Killer LAN driver for my network LAN. I can only install wifi driver.

Is that because of window 8.1 problem or hardware problem? I hope one of the Dell Technician can help me. Thanks. 

October 6th, 2014 09:00

Now i solved the problem. Thanks for ur advice. Problem is that in windows 8 i can see both graphic crads in device manager in either optimus mode or not. But in windows 8.1 i cant see both when i am in optimus mode, only nvidai card can be seen in device manager. But can see both in not optimus mode. Hope that answer can help the others.

671 Posts

October 2nd, 2014 10:00

Here's a fun thing about the AW14.
Whenever you press "Fn" + "F5" The computer switches between Discrete mode-only to Nvidia Optimus mode. It could have been that those two buttons were pressed in sequence without realizing and that's why you can't see the Intel Graphics card. Try that out.

If you can't install the Driver, if the computer is at least able to recognize it on the Device manager. You might have to install in manually.
If you don't know how to do this. You can try with this. *Yes this works on Windows 8/8.1 as well*
http://bit.ly/1i7Krjk

October 2nd, 2014 21:00

No, i have already stated that i cant see intel hd graphic in both bios and device manager.

671 Posts

October 6th, 2014 08:00

Well. If the Integrated Graphics card is not recognized in any mode. Most probably the motherboard will have to be replaced. (Since we don't sell or replace the video cards on their own for the AW14).

No Events found!