mrive1986
1 Copper

Alienware 14 LCD Problem

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my Alienware 14's LCD. I've updated to the latest nvidia drivers and the computer has been working fine. I can run game games perfectly fine but everytime my computer goes idle, the bottom have of the screen goes black and the other half gets blurry (like watching a blurry channel on tv). Anyways, I've ran stress tests on my GPU and nothing. Then I reinstalled the nvidia drivers and it was fine for a while but started to act up again. Finally, when it happened again I connected my laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable and viola everything looked fine on the TV. So i'm I think i'm pretty sure it is the LCD but i'm scratching my head because it's practically new. Could it be a faulty connection?? Or does the whole LCD panel have to be replaced? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Alienware 14 LCD Problem

Jump to solution

Yes the LCD needs to be replaced, if you are still under warranty and you live within US or Canada send me a PM with the service tag and a brief description of the problem so I can help you, otherwise contact the technical support site in your country so they can assist you. 

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Yes the LCD needs to be replaced, if you are still under warranty and you live within US or Canada send me a PM with the service tag and a brief description of the problem so I can help you, otherwise contact the technical support site in your country so they can assist you. 

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
mrive1986
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks. I will most likely purchase the LCD off eBay and replace it myself because my laptops warranty ran out on October 14th.