Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2016 13:00

Alienware 15 R2 AC adapter sleeping hibernate

Hello

from 2 days ago i bought Alienware laptop 15 R2 , i plugged in the charge always to the laptop and power is ON, what happen is after 6+ hours the AC adapter become offline or its stopped and its work again if i unplug /plug it again to the power , is that configuration or the AC power is crazy ! and i should get a new one ?

i mean is AC adapter has safety mode allow him to turn him self off after x of time !  

276 Posts

September 14th, 2016 19:00

I don't see that this is related to the desktop mode - it doesn't matter whether I have desktop mode selected, or not, the power supply never drops off or needs resetting.

I've never needed to do this in months of continuous use in desktop mode.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 13th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

This could be related to a Dell feature called Desktop Mode, created to protect the longevity of the battery by preventing the charge to get to a 100%. You can disable this feature, right click your battery icon in the system tray, select "desktop mode battery" and disable the option.

Let me know if you need something else!

3 Posts

September 13th, 2016 10:00

Hi

thank you for ur support , i did as u told me when the dialog opened there was no option selected ( enable/disable) is that fine ?

should i enable or disable this !

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

September 14th, 2016 19:00

If you don't want the feature to work you will need to disable it.

This is how it looks like:

6283.battery.png

3 Posts

September 15th, 2016 01:00

Yes its true , this issue not related to desktop mod , my laptop was in dell company for 2 days they said we will give u another one ... its malfunction

No Events found!